Done / Completed **LINEAGE** Foundry Cast ANH Kenobi Stunt Hilts (ANH/ROTJ - V2/V3)

And beat the hell out of it, I did.

Roman Props clamp and D-Ring, Roy’s lever, Slothfurnace card, (which will be replaced when he has the “vintage” style in stock) and of course Brian’s absolutely beautiful saber.

I didn’t want to get into the nitty gritty and pinpoint details and patterns with this, so the dents and paint are by no means accurate. I let it all happen how it wanted to happen, as it will continue to do for the rest of its life in my collection. I couldn’t possibly be any happier. Missing the gaffers tape and fishing line, but those will be added in the future.

Thank you again Brian, I have barely put this thing down since I got it. Your work is much appreciated my friend!
Great work.
How did you manage this light rusty/dusty tone in the gorge in-between the rings of the grenade section? It looks so close to the original prop. Brilliant.

Got the tank refueled today and I'll be casting up hilts this week. I can't work on them until I get my repair parts in the mail for my lathe but once I have everything in hand, things should be in working order once again.

Dude.. had my tank filled this morning.. guy broke the valve.. now I got a tank leaking outside..

Fun stuff

Son of a bitch this is cool. Like, I don't know what I love more...
the weight
the machining marks
the pockmarks from casting
the fact it was milled from a full sized cast

fullsizeoutput_23b4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_23b5.jpeg

traded out the cone knob for a 2015-ish Transcriptors produced replacement cone knob that I pulled from my "Severed Hand" saber

fullsizeoutput_23b7.jpeg

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_23b6.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_23b6.jpeg
    845.7 KB · Views: 127
Dude.. had my tank filled this morning.. guy broke the valve.. now I got a tank leaking outside..

Fun stuff

There are only so many places that do it here (and for a reasonable price, too) and the weather busted one of the valves at the place I go to. They've got to deal with the same problem on their tank, only at a much larger scale.

Do you make the pommel cubes the same irregular shape as on the original handweel or symmetrical? Looking at the pictures (of the real props) I can never decide what I'm seeing - some cubes look irregular, others symmetrical ...

By the process I'm doing these, they can only be made asymmetrical. It's evident on the V3 in photos they are, but in the images of the V2, it's less clear but considering how these were made, I have to conclude that they must've been irregular too. Perhaps not the extent the V3's are but irregular, no less.

Anything that would take an extra amount of effort in making these, I have to remind myself what the production of Star Wars was like, and ask myself, "Well, why would they?"

Run 3 is under way! I've started casting these and with my new belts in place, shouldn't have too much trouble this time around. I'll be making some minor tweaks with this run due to new evidence on the V3 that tells me I should clean them even less than I am now, along with some more cutting on the V2 to really get them to spec.

Thanks for hanging in there, crew!

The casts for the 3rd run are complete and they're some of my best yet. I haven't got any photos but they. are. clean! Spent some time finegling the process when I just opted for using fresh "virgin" sand every casting. It's extremely wasteful (I lose 5 lbs from my sand pile every pour now) but the results are far superior.

Should be getting these out in early February. Thanks for hangin' on, as always!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back