Lilykills Fallout 4 Props for 3D Printing

These are badass! Seriously, well done modeling so far. I've saved a couple of your models. This helps too since my plan was to start modeling Fallout 4 weapons and armor once I survived DragonCon. I'll be watching closely - keep up the awesome work!

Dope. Printing the frag grenade right now. I'll post pics when it's all printed. :thumbsup

Mucho Gracias!!!

Great, ye post a pic when done. I just posted this after finishing it last night, once I have less on my plate with other projects Im going to make the top and bottom extend to show the core inside so it'll be way cooler.

Untitled.jpg

These are badass! Seriously, well done modeling so far. I've saved a couple of your models. This helps too since my plan was to start modeling Fallout 4 weapons and armor once I survived DragonCon. I'll be watching closely - keep up the awesome work!

Thanks, I've got lots more I want to do as I know loads of people wants these now on the run up to Fallout 4, and since models like the grenades only take an hour or so I'm flying through them.

Are there any fallout props that any of you have been after?, I'm just fishing for ideas on what is worth doing?.

Here my current list that I want to do;
Alien Blaster
Land Mine
Pulse Grenade
Fallout 3 10mm pistol
Fallout 3 or 4 Protectron action figure.
The Kneecapper or Terrible Shotgun.

I do have other project but these are just the fallout ones.

Are there any fallout props that any of you have been after?, I'm just fishing for ideas on what is worth doing?.

Here my current list that I want to do;
Alien Blaster
Land Mine
Pulse Grenade
Fallout 3 10mm pistol
Fallout 3 or 4 Protectron action figure.
The Kneecapper or Terrible Shotgun.

I do have other project but these are just the fallout ones.

One that's always daunted me was the Power Fist. To much engineering there for my current modeling skill. Would love to see one of those babies.

Pulse grenade sounds pretty sweet, too. :thumbsup

For anyone who ever wanted an accurate frag grenade to the game, you cannot find anything better than lilykill's. The fit and design are fantastic. It prints fairly quickly. It fits on most any 3d print bed. No supports needed. Can't go wrong. :thumbsup

printed frag grenade.jpg

Big thanks again!

Great, ye post a pic when done. I just posted this after finishing it last night, once I have less on my plate with other projects Im going to make the top and bottom extend to show the core inside so it'll be way cooler.

View attachment 510218

Thanks, I've got lots more I want to do as I know loads of people wants these now on the run up to Fallout 4, and since models like the grenades only take an hour or so I'm flying through them.

That's pretty damn awesome for an hour's worth of work. Don't we all always have a long list of projects! But if you get through those, you're going to make a lot of ppl excited. The protectron is gonna be sweet! They all going to be uni-body builds?

- - - Updated - - -

For anyone who ever wanted an accurate frag grenade to the game, you cannot find anything better than lilykill's. The fit and design are fantastic. It prints fairly quickly. It fits on most any 3d print bed. No supports needed. Can't go wrong. :thumbsup

Big thanks again!

Really, no raft or support? That's actually surprising to me.

- - - Updated - - -

Really, no raft or support? That's actually surprising to me.

The two parts I printed on my Rep 2 were with raft. The parts I printed on my M2 were no rafts or brim, but that one has a heated bed. The way they are set up is pretty easy for printing.

That's pretty damn awesome for an hour's worth of work. Don't we all always have a long list of projects! But if you get through those, you're going to make a lot of ppl excited. The protectron is gonna be sweet! They all going to be uni-body builds?

By uni-body I take it you mean that it breaks down into simpler parts, then yes. It just makes printing much faster, requires less support material, if something goes wrong in the print then you haven't wasted a load of material. There many more advantages for doing but also even a little movement in a finished prop just makes it that much better and realistic than just a solid body.

Started with the Protectron cause I think that'll be really awesome when done, here where I am.
Protectron Action  test.JPG

Its not perfect but its close enough that you definitely know its a protectron. I carnt find any images of the rear of the F4 protectron so Im just going to leave it as a curved surface and Ill add the detail when I find it.

Any updates on the pipboy?
yes here where I am so far,
test7.JPGtest8.JPG

From the last screenshot I posted it doesn't look like much has changed but I've just been making little tweaks. I just finished the latching mechanism which was a bit tricky, and I made sure it can now fit a every phone the collectors edition can do which is; iphone 6, 5, 5s, 4, 4s, and samsung galaxy s4 and s5.

My next thing I need to attack is what's the best way to get your phone in it and the cassette mechanism, once that is done I just gotta print it to make sure it all works and then Ill release the files.

Those are some sexy renders.

I've tried to make sure that details like the '"pip-boy" text on the screen bezel is big enough that will come out when printed. Its quite larger than it should be but it looks better than leaving it blank. But I just want to get it finished and printed.

I've tried to make sure that details like the '"pip-boy" text on the screen bezel is big enough that will come out when printed. Its quite larger than it should be but it looks better than leaving it blank. But I just want to get it finished and printed.

Awesome you're approaching it that way. The worst is when you add details on the CAD that end up not translating to the actual print, even if dimensioning or slight "artistic liberties" are taken.

Awesome you're approaching it that way. The worst is when you add details on the CAD that end up not translating to the actual print, even if dimensioning or slight "artistic liberties" are taken.

I know, I just think it doesn't make sense spending time modeling something you'll never see the detail of.

3d Printers gets better and better for every month, sp its just a matter of time before they can print as good as we want them to do.

3d Printers gets better and better for every month, sp its just a matter of time before they can print as good as we want them to do.

The print quality is only a problem for everyone dealing with FDM type machines at the £2000 - £5000 level, when your talking about the stratasys or 3D systems machines, they will print down to the 15 micron level. So basically whatever is onscreen, it will print.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back