Lilykills Fallout 4 Props for 3D Printing

Discussion in 'Replica Props' started by lilykill, Jul 7, 2015.

Tags:
  1. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Hey Guys,

Instead of just posting on other threads I thought I'd start my own. I'm fully committed to the task of having as many of the new Fallout weapons modeled so I can 3D print them to build and paint. So far Ive done the 10mm pistol (below)
    Pistol Render.JPG

And have just finished the new Laser Pistol (below)
    test render.JPG

When finished, both will have interchangeable mods that were shown off in Bethesda's E3 conference like the compensator, under grip and tactical sight for the 10mm and short scope, reflex scope, tactical grip, beam splitter and beam focuser for the laser pistol.

Currently, the laser pistol assembly isnt finished yet so I have only published a solid STL but when finished will break down into 40 odd parts and have a working MF cell reload mechanism.

Here's the links for both;

10mm Pistol - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:905534

Laser Pistol - http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:914502

I'll keep updating as I make progress and prints of the models.

Pistol Render.JPG

test render.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2018
    Promethean, lovelyandy, MAAZ and 2 others like this.
  2. Ein

Ein Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Love it, and I love when people share their models. Thanks for that. These look great!

3. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Bit of an update on what I've done so far, Ive now posted a few of the mods for the pistol that shown off in the conference which a few people have printed off thingiverse. Here are some updated renders.
    MODED RENDER.JPG MODED RENDER 2.JPG

I have also finished the laser pistol with some mods as well, the parts will be published when I'm happy with the tolerances. Here's some more renders...
    TEST RENDER MOD.JPG

As a quick one-nighter, I modeled a Nuka Cola truck which I'll release soon for printing. Its nothing fancy, I just wanted to do it since one else has yet.
    render.JPG

An my next project I'm working on is the Fallout 4 plasma pistol, here's were I am so far.
    TEST.JPG

Same process as the other models, I will try an include some mods that where shown if I can find enough reference images and will make the assembly so that its easy just to add the mods on afterwards.

4. GhostMinion

GhostMinion Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Really, really digging the Nuka Cola truck! :thumbsup

5. msleeper

msleeper Sr Member

Releasing files, that's where it's at. Subscribed!

6. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

What software are you using to design these?

7. Osmotic

Osmotic Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Loving the plasma pistol :D

book marked !

8. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Solidworks, I then use Craftware for my slicing software so I can visualize how well the detail will actually be when printing.

Thanks, Ive made the assembly so you can have any configuration you like, so if you want a new scope of grip or whatever, you can just swap it out with the new printed part.

blue2k likes this.
  9. Osmotic

Osmotic Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

i was looking at converting a Nerf gun into a plasma rifle but this looks like a way better option. I guessing the green 'lights' could be printed hollow / clear to allow an LED to shine through ?

10. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Finished the Plasma pistol
    TEST RENDER.JPG

An last night started another one, the pipe pistol, and I've basically already finished it. Heres a render of the normal one and one with mods.
    STANDARD RENDER.JPG
    MOD RENDER.JPG

I can't wait to have all these done and printed, it'll be an awesome collection and these are only some of the weapons shown at e3.

Im going to start on the new Pipboy tomorrow, I will update when I get something that resembles it.

clancampbell likes this.
  11. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Can you guess what it is yet?
    test.JPG

12. blue2k

blue2k Well-Known Member

13. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Yep, here is where I got to by the end of last night.
    test2.JPG

I pre-ordered the Pipboy edition for F4 so when I get time after the game is released I'll be able to make any almost 1:1 copy of it, but hopefully I've got pretty close already.

Contec likes this.
  14. nate2297

nate2297 New Member

Love the models so far, good job!

15. dregoth

dregoth New Member

Great looking models, I'll be watching this thread.

16. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Thanks both.

17. GhostMinion

Lookin' great! :thumbsup

18. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Another update and it looks much better now.
    test3.JPG test4.JPG

GhostMinion likes this.
  19. falconNL

falconNL Active Member

Love it! Im building a custom fallout Gameboard and im still looking for more tokens. I would love to have two versions of the Pipboy tokens included in this game!

20. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

ApophisV and GhostMinion like this.
  21. GhostMinion

Dope. Printing the frag grenade right now. I'll post pics when it's all printed. :thumbsup

Mucho Gracias!!!

22. RockIt

RockIt Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

These are badass! Seriously, well done modeling so far. I've saved a couple of your models. This helps too since my plan was to start modeling Fallout 4 weapons and armor once I survived DragonCon. I'll be watching closely - keep up the awesome work!

23. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Great, ye post a pic when done. I just posted this after finishing it last night, once I have less on my plate with other projects Im going to make the top and bottom extend to show the core inside so it'll be way cooler.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks, I've got lots more I want to do as I know loads of people wants these now on the run up to Fallout 4, and since models like the grenades only take an hour or so I'm flying through them.

GhostMinion likes this.
  24. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Are there any fallout props that any of you have been after?, I'm just fishing for ideas on what is worth doing?.

Here my current list that I want to do;
    Alien Blaster
    Land Mine
    Pulse Grenade
    Fallout 3 10mm pistol
    Fallout 3 or 4 Protectron action figure.
    The Kneecapper or Terrible Shotgun.

I do have other project but these are just the fallout ones.

25. GhostMinion

One that's always daunted me was the Power Fist. To much engineering there for my current modeling skill. Would love to see one of those babies.

Pulse grenade sounds pretty sweet, too. :thumbsup

26. GhostMinion

For anyone who ever wanted an accurate frag grenade to the game, you cannot find anything better than lilykill's. The fit and design are fantastic. It prints fairly quickly. It fits on most any 3d print bed. No supports needed. Can't go wrong. :thumbsup

printed frag grenade.jpg

Big thanks again!

27. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Thanks, are you going to paint it?.

28. GhostMinion

Eventually. Might make some more for a Grenade Bouquet.

29. RockIt

That's pretty * awesome for an hour's worth of work. Don't we all always have a long list of projects! But if you get through those, you're going to make a lot of ppl excited. The protectron is gonna be sweet! They all going to be uni-body builds?

- - - Updated - - -

Really, no raft or support? That's actually surprising to me.

30. GhostMinion

The two parts I printed on my Rep 2 were with raft. The parts I printed on my M2 were no rafts or brim, but that one has a heated bed. The way they are set up is pretty easy for printing.

31. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

By uni-body I take it you mean that it breaks down into simpler parts, then yes. It just makes printing much faster, requires less support material, if something goes wrong in the print then you haven't wasted a load of material. There many more advantages for doing but also even a little movement in a finished prop just makes it that much better and realistic than just a solid body.

32. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Started with the Protectron cause I think that'll be really awesome when done, here where I am.
    Protectron Action  test.JPG

Its not perfect but its close enough that you definitely know its a protectron. I carnt find any images of the rear of the F4 protectron so Im just going to leave it as a curved surface and Ill add the detail when I find it.

GhostMinion likes this.
  33. nate2297

nate2297 New Member

Any updates on the pipboy?

34. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

yes here where I am so far,
    test7.JPG test8.JPG

From the last screenshot I posted it doesn't look like much has changed but I've just been making little tweaks. I just finished the latching mechanism which was a bit tricky, and I made sure it can now fit a every phone the collectors edition can do which is; iphone 6, 5, 5s, 4, 4s, and samsung galaxy s4 and s5.

My next thing I need to attack is what's the best way to get your phone in it and the cassette mechanism, once that is done I just gotta print it to make sure it all works and then Ill release the files.

35. GhostMinion

Those are some sexy renders.

36. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

I've tried to make sure that details like the '"pip-boy" text on the screen bezel is big enough that will come out when printed. Its quite larger than it should be but it looks better than leaving it blank. But I just want to get it finished and printed.

37. RockIt

Awesome you're approaching it that way. The worst is when you add details on the CAD that end up not translating to the actual print, even if dimensioning or slight "artistic liberties" are taken.

38. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

I know, I just think it doesn't make sense spending time modeling something you'll never see the detail of.

39. Contec

Contec Master Member

3d Printers gets better and better for every month, sp its just a matter of time before they can print as good as we want them to do.

40. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

The print quality is only a problem for everyone dealing with FDM type machines at the £2000 - £5000 level, when your talking about the stratasys or 3D systems machines, they will print down to the 15 micron level. So basically whatever is onscreen, it will print.

41. RockIt

Does this mean you're getting me a stratasys for Christmas this year!? Man, my problems are solved! ;)

42. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

I wish, It would be awesome to have something like the pip boy printed at that resolution.

RockIt likes this.
  43. GBRyker61

GBRyker61 Active Member

First off, let me say how awesome these look. Excellent work. I would like to point out that there's a trigger guard on the Fallout 4 10mm pistol that is missing. There's a really good side profile pic over on the Fallout Wiki. Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to the PipBoy.

44. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

I was thinking of adding it but it would make printing a bit more tricky. atm Im happy with the model but when I know what the mods look like for it and how the magazines look I will probably redo it so it can have interchangeable mods and a recoil operation.

45. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

render.JPG render cross section.JPG render2.JPG

woohoo, finally finished. Im still not happy with some of the details but its something I can't really figure out till I get the pip boy edition. Otherwise, it basically is the pip boy edition, can fit all the phones the pip edition can and has a working tape deck. Once I get some time to print Ill upload some pics then once I'm happy with the assembly I'm going to upload the files to thingiverse and MyMiniFactory.

I also had some time to finish the protectron which I think is cool but I dont know if I should model and print the station they come of in the game. if I get some time, I probably will.
    render exploded.JPG render.JPG

BrotherWilliam and GhostMinion like this.
  46. GhostMinion

Man..............those are just looking fabulous!

47. nate2297

nate2297 New Member

Awesome work! really loving the protectron

48. lilykill

lilykill Active Member

Thanks both, I just hope it turns out like the render and that the tape deck mechanism for the pip boy works. Then I'll be happy.

49. DeeArr

DeeArr New Member

Looking forward to seeing these printed up, great work! :)

50. GBRyker61

GBRyker61 Active Member

Oh, okay. What about making the trigger guard a separate piece and adding a couple of slots in the gun for it to slide into, one under the trigger, and another in front of the trigger. Just an idea.