Lifesized Cylon Centurion figure (Battlestar Galactica 2004)

MBPfx

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Back in 1977 I won a film contest in Jr High and our prize was a trip from Anaheim Hills to Van Nuys for a tour of John Dykstra's Apogee effects company. they were up to their eyeballs in creating tons of effects for a new TV show that would be released the following year, "Battlestar Galactica".
It was an awesome day getting to see motion control cameras, lots of model spacecraft, including the amazing model of the Galactica itself, and we got to try on this cool chrome mask/helmet of a robot character called a Cylon.
This experience really help solidify my desire to work in motion picture special effects and I never lost my love of the Cylon. here are a few costumes and figures I created over the years including the reimagined Cylon from BSG 2004.
Cylon_email copy.jpg
BartonCylonView1.jpg
BartonCylonView2.jpg
BartonCylonView4.jpg

Back in 1977 I won a film contest in Jr High and our prize was a trip from Anaheim Hills to Van Nuys for a tour of John Dykstra's Apogee effects company. they were up to their eyeballs in creating tons of effects for a new TV show that would be released the following year, "Battlestar Galactica".
It was an awesome day getting to see motion control cameras, lots of model spacecraft, including the amazing model of the Galactica itself, and we got to try on this cool chrome mask/helmet of a robot character called a Cylon.
This experience really help solidify my desire to work in motion picture special effects and I never lost my love of the Cylon. here are a few costumes and figures I created over the years including the reimagined Cylon from BSG 2004.View attachment 1540505View attachment 1540506View attachment 1540507View attachment 1540508
Hello,
Would you have any blueprints or templates for the 2004 cylon? I'm going to build 2 of them, one for myself, and another for an old friend. Any help would be greatly appreciated. THX

I only just started watching the new series last week, grew up on the original, still unsure what i think of the new one.

Just finishing up a re-watch of the reimagined series. Oddly I enjoyed the series alot more this time round. I think I had let go of expectations around it being the same as the original. It allowed me to enjoy for what it was including the controversial ending :)

Fantastic work on those figures and costumes well done!

This experience really help solidify my desire to work in motion picture special effects and I never lost my love of the Cylon. here are a few costumes and figures I created over the years including the reimagined Cylon from BSG 2004.View attachment 1540505View attachment 1540506View attachment 1540507View attachment 1540508
Good morning,
My name is Mr. Scott, and I live in Kentucky, but lived in Santa Ana, CA. for many years as an actor. I'm building 2 of the 2004 series Cylon Centurions, and was hoping you could help me? I have a 7 foot scale poster of the Cylon, but right now I'm looking for some HD pics of the front, back, and side views of the pelvis as this is where I'm going to begin. I'll scale everything else off this part. Would you happen to have measurements or blueprints for the pelvis so I can scale it up to actual size, and print out some templates? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi there,

Alot of the info you may need can be found on the internet. You just have to go down the rabbit and dig away for info. Lots of photos out there as well. Just takes time to invest and search. An RPF member did the BSG Re-Imagined Cylon head already and i think he was working on other things. You can reach out to him via private PM he is The Portugeek Here is a thread he about the Cylon head/helmet.

Another person is Fred Barton Production he has already built a 7 foot new series Cylon and its about how much your wanting to spend. You may see if he is willing to share some info. You never know good luck on your search.

Fred Barton Productions

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back