Moebius Battlestar Galactica. The old one!

A good friend of mine did the master for the JPG Jedha City and has done a few of his models. The other modellers I know have only good things to say about him and if they had any issues Jimi saw them right without a problem. Use Paypal Good and Services and you'll have that as backup should there be a problem that can't be worked out.

Ok, this is Jimi? I know Jimi and forgot that he is JPG. That does widen my comfort zone. Your resin is alright?

Ok, this is Jimi? I know Jimi and forgot that he is JPG. That does widen my comfort zone. Your resin is alright?
The pictures I added were my kit. Just a couple of pour points that needed a closer clean up, no airholes or voids and the parts fit damn near perfect. I want to do the Season 1-3 version with the three engines so I'm going to scratchbuild one.

The pictures I added were my kit. Just a couple of pour points that needed a closer clean up, no airholes or voids and the parts fit damn near perfect. I want to do the Season 1-3 version with the three engines so I'm going to scratchbuild one.

Gotta admit, I'm not much up on the new Galactica and only seen a couple episodes. I'm picking this up on expert advice from a model making friend who recommended it highly to go with an egg viper I've started. I plan on pairing the two to compliment each other.

;)

Rob.

Still working on trying to get some of those detail parts printed out. will see what happens

in the meantime, speaking of the straight runs vs re-runs, remember the toys from back in the day, remember this one?

Used to annoy my parents all the time with this knocking stuff over

s-l1600.jpg

We had real toys. If there wasn't a warning on the label, I didn't want it. THEN we tried to modify everything and it got even worse. My Vipers would cut straight through the yellow pages.

I still have a Vertibird and lawn darts were named JARTS. First thing we did with them was sharpen the tip. If you didn't, they wouldn't even stick into the side of the house, unless I shot 'em with my Viper launcher.

My brother and I used to fling them as high up in the air as we could with all our might trying to see who could sink them deeper into the ground. A few times this caused wild throws that you'd have to make sure to get out of the way as they came plummeting down

My brother and I used to fling them as high up in the air as we could with all our might trying to see who could sink them deeper into the ground. A few times this caused wild throws that you'd have to make sure to get out of the way as they came plummeting down

Rookie. A compound bow makes that more funner. See who could get the closest. Soon as you let that string go, the arrow is out of sight. We never screwed a broadhead on the arrow, just the practice tips. Safety first and all. You run, you lose.

Ok, this delay in posting anything new has not actually been a delay. Due to an observation by Mr. edge10 that I agreed with, I tore everything in that last posting all back apart and have been working solidly on putting it back together and I believe I've narrowed that gap just a smidge. Of course, I usually have most of what I show y'all just tacked on because I'm anxious to show the latest, but some of this was an even earlier update, so she was stuck down pretty good. If y'all doubt me, that Tamiya Airbrush Cleaner don't play and getting some of it off was touchy and I really had to start over in a couple places.

Now, this sounds like I'm cryin'. I don't mean for it to because I generally like to bottle up any emotions, let them build up and fester into something that shows itself later as something physical. A lesion. Some type of knot or burning/stinging area... Y'all know. Normal.

Anyway, Mr. edge10, that is exactly one of the reasons I ask for critique and I THANK YOU. Don't hold back. This thing has become a $300.00 on average model to replace and I've got one shot at this. NO WAY I would pick up another one at these current prices.

Mr. Analyzer and I were speaking earlier and WE found out the Moebius Viper is now going for $250.00 down by the bay and at one point, you could get that from HDA Modelworx for $12.99. If y'all missed that one, if you're like me, it's a lost cause now.

I have done what we mentioned and dug out every kit mentioned earlier and I will post a side-by-side comparison of the REVELL VS Moebius kits of the Viper and Cylon Raider and pictures of my one lone REVELL Basestar to join in in case y'all was serious with a sorta group thing.

Saying all that, this Galactica tear down is coming back together, but for some reason, it doesn't quite look the same?

Sneak preview:

broke.jpg

Now, that's very early so far and it looks better the farther away you get from it. Should be fine.

Rob.

You must live in a rough neighborhood. Someone still your tires and the wheels that go with.

What car is that? I don't recognize it.

You must live in a rough neighborhood. Someone still your tires and the wheels that go with.

What car is that? I don't recognize it.

Car? That's what the Galactica looks like right now, so this "car" thing is throwin' me off. Now that you mention it though, this repair may be headed in a wrong direction?

All seriousness aside though, right now that car is a "Googhicle". Just look though, it has GOT to be some JOHAN. Let me go see. Be right back.

Still sorta got it. You lose two things first when you get older. First is your memory. Second is... is... ? I forget, but it's suppose to be important.

1/25 JOHAN 1963 Cadillac Coupe De Ville customizing kit.

JoHan-4363-2.jpg

JoHan-4363-3.jpg

JoHan-4363-4.jpg

JoHan-4363-5.jpg

JoHan-4363-6.jpg

JoHan-4363-7.jpg

Apparently, there was a point where folks modified this one even more than the standard "customizing" shown in the directions? I somehow missed that group build and I'm upset about that and it's now gonna bother me all day. It is late though, so I gotta get extra upset if I'm gonna make it till midnight.

cads.jpg

Rob.

Folks...

Would anyone have a decent picture of this area right here?

155.jpg

I don't have anything that shows all this any better? I would greatly appreciate it.

Rob.

Ok, I may can see something to copy...

On this copy...

Of probably, a copy.

jimkey1a.jpg

Jim Key replica I found on Modeler's Magic. I'm gonna take it as OK to use. I could do worse, but maybe not better unless one of you fellas are willing to help.

Rob.

The best I have, as you probably have as well. The first shows the missing radiator like part. The second shows the suspension/crane looking part.

KG-TOS_BATTLESTAR-STUDIO_MODEL_ENGINE-REFERENCE-006.jpg
KG-TOS_BATTLESTAR-STUDIO_MODEL_REFERENCE- 040.jpg

Attachments

• Battlestar_Original_Miniature_174.jpg
    Battlestar_Original_Miniature_174.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 47
Last edited:
The best I have, as you probably have as well. The first shows the missing radiator like part. The second shows the suspension/crane looking part.

Thank you Mr. edge10, you a good fella! Yes sir, those are the same for me and since I'm whittlin' in that area, I noticed I ain't got none that show that hardly at all? Even those of the Replica pictures I've been usin' a great deal.

We'll figure somethin'. That one I posted shows it in resin, but that should do some good.

Not sure how you feel about the Cylons but JPG Productions makes a deformed Cylon Raider that would be a good pairing with this fun little Viper. I have one myself and it is a nice little resin kit with pretty decent detail. Here is a link to his FB page;

Here are a few shots of the kit I have;
333965371_1285395145740101_6362672168760699175_n.jpg

Well Mr. 10narvik40, they is now one o' them Krylon Raid-hers sittin' directly in front me as we speak. Agreed. It oughta go just fine with the Viper, but the Viper may be a fair bit bigger model. I'll put 'em next to one another and take some "snaps". I been wantin' to use the word "snaps" and to make sure y'all notice it, I put it in quotes.

As for what we were originally doing here, I know I ain't showed it yet, but there is a fair amount of progress on the old girl. As I said before, I've closed the gap ever so slightly but I won't know for sure until Mr. edge10 gets ahold of it.

Rob.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back