Let's Talk All About Our Favourite Movie Robots

MSE-6 series repair droid from "Star Wars"...
Screenshot_2022-05-08-20-29-52-986~2.jpg

I've often wondered which "fictional" robot would actually be good to have in the real world. Assuming it could pretty much what it does in our stories. I mean, what good would it do an average joe to have a Terminator? Not really much I would think. How many of us have actual enemies we would could get away with killing? A Terminator might be good for military purposes, I guess. Or lifting things, maybe.

A Threepio robot? Unless you work at the U.N. and need a translator, what else is he really good for? Might make a good teacher, I suppose. The robot from Lost In Space? Those claw hands wouldn't be worth crap.

NOTE: I'm leaving sex robots out of this discussion, cuz yeah I'd definitely want one of those! LOL!:p

So, for the average person, what would be best? My first thought would be an Artoo type droid. Lots of tools for building and such, yet I still think the mobility would be an issue. Yeah, I know he's got rockets, but do you really want rocket fuel exhaust all in your house?

I have come to the conclusion that V.I.N.CENT from The Black Hole might be the best to have. Basically, he is an R2 unit with all the gadgets, tools, and gizmos--and he can float! No worries about stairs, ladders, rocky terrain, etc. Plus, he can talk. You don't have to learn R2speak. And, he has lasers, so if you do get into a sticky situation, he is pretty powerful. He seems to be a good pick, for me anyways.

What about you? Practically speaking, what would be a good robot for you and why?

Last edited:
Hector from "Saturn 3"...View attachment 1569592

I just watched this because I had never seen the movie (I was 6). I just have to say if you have Farrah Fawcett in a movie, I should not have to see Kirk Douglass' bare *ss three times! :lol: My only problem with this bot is the head was out of proportion and cheap looking close up. I thought it was interesting because the tread shapes on some of the tracked bots in this looked like the same type on modern bomb disposal/SWAT robots.

I've always thought Vincent was great -- topical late 70s "Star wars-robot movie vibe" notwithstanding. Vincent actually wanted to serve the crew, and, while willing to sacrifice himself, still had a sense of self preservation, a distinct personality and a genuine desire to contribute.

Pizer: Vincent, were you programmed to bug me?
V.I.N.CENT: No sir, to educate you.

Maria

The first and most interesting and arguably without her there would be no C3PO nor The Man in Black(Yule Brunner) or The Terminator etc etc..

fn2sFqmwowbQY (1).gif

Oh and I forgot...

Robbie the Robot, another superb design classic!

ftl1Bk9HaMuOmugNiZ.gif

The Drones from Silent Running are also my first experience with what robots looked like..

Last edited:
I've often wondered which "fictional" robot would actually be good to have in the real world. Assuming it could pretty much what it does in our stories. I mean, what good would it do an average joe to have a Terminator? Not really much I would think. How many of us have actual enemies we would could get away with killing? A Terminator might be good for military purposes, I guess. Or lifting things, maybe.

A Threepio robot? Unless you work at the U.N. and need a translator, what else is he really good for? Might make a good teacher, I suppose. The robot from Lost In Space? Those claw hands wouldn't be worth crap.

NOTE: I'm leaving sex robots out of this discussion, cuz yeah I'd definitely want one of those! LOL!:p

So, for the average person, what would be best? My first thought would be an Artoo type droid. Lots of tools for building and such, yet I still think the mobility would be an issue. Yeah, I know he's got rockets, but do you really want rocket fuel exhaust all in your house?

I have come to the conclusion that V.I.N.CENT from The Black Hole might be the best to have. Basically, he is an R2 unit with all the gadgets, tools, and gizmos--and he can float! No worries about stairs, ladders, rocky terrain, etc. Plus, he can talk. You don't have to learn R2speak. And, he has lasers, so if you do get into a sticky situation, he is pretty powerful. He seems to be a good pick, for me anyways.

What about you? Practically speaking, what would be a good robot for you and why?
Again Robbie the Robot, he's the hostest with the mostest..
He drives a Super fast vehicle and can produce/replicate your fav liquor...

What's not to love!

I haven't seen that in a while. I was trying to find it streaming somewhere so my 18yo nephew could watch it because it was my dad's favorite scifi movie.
The soundtrack is worth it's weight in Gold.

I had soooo many movies that I ripped my old VHS DVDs and Documentaries onto a HDD for convenience. then play them through a media device so I get a nice piece of Poster Art info about the movie and a trailer.. My son has this thing about old movies so at least showing him this way makes it look sleek and Netflix like..

Artoo, has to be Artoo

All of ‘real Star Wars’ was told through the eye of Artoo

Every one’s lives was saved by this heroic droid in EVERY SINGLE FILM

….but sadly…Disney doesn’t get it…..Artoo is just a robot, a trashcan in their crap films

#DisneyStarWarsisnotStarWars

J

IMG_1501.jpeg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back