1977 C-3PO Costume

Pulled it off quite well for the time and to get it ready for Halloween. :thumbsup

Myself back then, I was 5 years old, saw Star Wars in the theatre on opening day. My costumes were the cheezy store bought plastic face masks of 3PO or Luke. Darn, wish I had a Graflex back then. :lol

Tim

thanks for posting such a terrific story. I remember in the days prior to the internet searching for fan magazines and collecting all the topps star wars cards just to get reference pictures of all the characters and vehicles.

Thanks for the story and the pics. For those of us that were alive back in the late 70's, it truly was a special time. I'm sure all would agree! I remember the October following the May opening of Star Wars an older kid (a 6th grader at my school) dressed up as Luke and even had one of those flashlights that had the plastic tube/blade that would light up (the flashlight that you could change colors with by changing the round plastic disc inside). Us other students were very impressed. This post brought back some great memories!

Wow! There is just something about 70's photos. I don't know if it's the grainyness, or the weird colors, or whatever... but it sure does take me back in time.

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back