Let's Build Greeblie Pack #12 - A Skyhopper Group Build

SOON. I too am dying to get this done. The factory was closed for new year for three weeks, but they are now back up and running. VERY frustrating but it happens.

Jason, what are the approximate dimensions of the stand? I’m build a box for the T-16 and want to factor in it’s radius and height from the bottom of the model.

TAH DAAA

Couple quick photos of Jason's stand. Received mine in good shape. It was packed nicely and arrived in about 5 days. The machinist did a great job. Parts fit smooth and align squarely. Fyi as of this posting, his store showed low in stock.
T-16 Skyhopper Custom Machined Brass Stand - Etsy

20230307_185319.jpg

20230307_185836.jpg

Last edited:
I see these 2 pieces on some builds. I call them antennas. Can anyone tell me the story of these two pieces. Were they on the original and then knocked off? Can any one tell me what kits they come from? These are the last 2 pieces of the puzzle for my build. I have all the other kits. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Wonderful build. Loved all the pics. Hope mine turns out as well as yours. Keep up the good work!

Attachments

• what kits are they from.jpg
    what kits are they from.jpg
    3.9 MB · Views: 83
Thanks! Really pleased how they look on the model.

Yes on the original and knocked off, like the skis on the wings.

And yeah, I'm not planning to get more machined, so act now or don't ;)

I’m looking for the extra brass pieces on Amazon. Not much luck. I found the 4” piece I think. The dimensions are vague. Does anyone have good advice about where to find the pieces? Are they all lamp parts?

Also, any brass coupling parts have a hexagon shape on the outside cylinder.

Update: went to lamp supply website and got it all. I think. We’ll see.

Last edited:
Happy New Year, everyone!

Let’s fast forward: It’s finished! Due to a combination of laziness colliding with momentum I don’t have many pictures of the in between stages. Actually I do and I can post them later but the truth is I finished my first true studio scale build and I’m excited to share it. Now it just needs an accurate stand (hint, hint).

View attachment 1654974

View attachment 1654975

View attachment 1654976

View attachment 1654978

View attachment 1654979

View attachment 1654981

View attachment 1654982View attachment 1654977

View attachment 1654989
Nice work! What rim is inside the engine nozzle? Do you know what kit rims & scales the model shop commonly used on ship engines?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back