Leias Blaster - DDC Defender (Drearian Defense Conglomerat) - got one, finally.

Looks great! That's one of my favorite SW guns. Hopefully someone in the future will do a run of the grill part... :) I've got a resin part on mine.

Only one year later i worked on it again. :lol

Milled the cutouts

ROTJDDC001_zps839d03db.jpg

Then some Birchwood Alu Black, followed by semigloss black

ROTJDDC009_zps46dbb524.jpg

Preparing the bumpons

ROTJDDC010_zps06c9d5ed.jpg

And with glued bumpons

ROTJDDC011_zpseff22859.jpg

For the moment i call it "done"

ROTJDDC012_zpsbe67f131.jpg

When i get the bigger version of the adjustment screw of the rear sight (the disc shaped one) i will change that.

What i´m still unsure about is the grill - i ordered a box of real parts, but they are plastic, off course. Not sure if i will leave it alu but replica, or use the real but plastic ones later. :wacko:confused

Looking great Michael!

Nothing beats the real deal, right ;) !?

p.s.:
Consider your search for the windage knob on the rear sight as ended ;)
SEE?...there´s something else you´d need from me, BUT it has to wait for the next package since the other parts were sent yesterday :thumbsup

Markus

Oh...forgot...

I´m in the same boat with the grills.
be it on my Leia blaster, my MerrSonn etc.
I LOVE the metal grills from BD´s run back the days, but can´t wait for the injection molded Tomtit parts to become available again.

THEN I´ll decide what I do :lol

Markus

Looks great!

Thanks, Jerry. :)

But i have to admit ...... it´s not that hard with a real gun in hand. Just turning the flashhider and the grill ....

Much easier and less work than a resin one, for example. And as a old infantry man - the smell of a oiled gun .... make the experience of handling it even better.

Looking great Michael!

Nothing beats the real deal, right ;) !?

Thanks Markus, aye .... indeed. :D

p.s.:
Consider your search for the windage knob on the rear sight as ended ;)
SEE?...there´s something else you´d need from me, BUT it has to wait for the next package since the other parts were sent yesterday :thumbsup

Thanks a lot - you see, such things come in my mind when handling the item and/or writing, but never when i am asked "what do you need". :lol

Aye, waiting for the plastic "grills", then checking size and look. And after that the decision ..... maybe ..... some day. :rolleyes

Looks great!!! That didn't start out as one of my favorite blasters until I got one from Markus. I would love to shoot a functioning one; it has a really nice grip to it.

Oh...forgot...
I´m in the same boat with the grills.
be it on my Leia blaster, my MerrSonn etc.
I LOVE the metal grills from BD´s run back the days, but can´t wait for the injection molded Tomtit parts to become available again.

THEN I´ll decide what I do :lol

Markus

Same here. Part of me says it's not 100% accurate, but the other says it's metal and it feels more real.

Looks great!!! That didn't start out as one of my favorite blasters until I got one from Markus. I would love to shoot a functioning one; it has a really nice grip to it.

Thanks - yes indeed, it´s a very comfortable pistol with easy aiming, well balanced.

Same here. Part of me says it's not 100% accurate, but the other says it's metal and it feels more real.

"Voices in our heads." :lol

Back the days, when intl. shipping wasn´t the royal PITA it is NOW, I sold quite a few real deactivated Margolins to RPF members. I also did a run of about 30 resin -multiple piece- margolin kits.

Last time I asked about doing a new run, there hasn´t been much interest :eek:hwell
Seems like the perfect time to me with the upcoming chance to get either radial grillsthrough dmachinist or waiting for the real deal to become available again!

Markus

Very nice work! I actually need a ROTJ DDC blaster for a upcoming project - OdiWan72, if you make a good resin kit I would be interested, the only 1 I have seen around lately in regards to a kit doesn't look very good.

Dave

Hi Michael, sorry for playing the grave robber in this thread here!

I got hand on a deactivated Margolin and I'd like to build the ANH version with that barrel extension.

Can you give me some advice how to remove the pressed-on front sight?
Which tools did you use?

Greetings from Regensburg ;),

Simon

Hi Simon,

some tape (z.B. Malerkrepp) around the gun, to avoid scratching it´s surface. then light tapping on the sight from back to the muzzle. It should come off after some hits.

Good luck. :)

That worked very well, thanks!

I hope Odiwan's tip to remove the pin will work on my one, so I can exchange the drilled barrel for a solid one. My concern is that the welding work in the chamber made the pin unremoveable...

Hi Michael,
I tried a lot of different techniques and at the end I was lucky. The welding didn't affect the pin or the frame, so I guess it is the same at yours. I thought I could share that information with you, so you can exchange the barrel as well if interested.

1.jpg2.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back