Leias Blaster - DDC Defender (Drearian Defense Conglomerat) - got one, finally.

Lichtbringer

Master Member
We all know this extraordinary fine piece of greatly honed skills, the Master Replica. Covered under a huge amount of high quality paint. :unsure

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender001.jpg

You may have noticed, i´m not the typical MR customer, who might be happy with their products (to be honest, i never was with any of the items i had, could hold and inspect). But as this is next to the only game in town ...... well, yeah..... it´s better than resin.

It was a long and hard journey, but today this arrived:

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender002.jpg

I was feeling as a child on chrismas Eve when opening it :cool

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender003.jpg

The same game as with the Ruger (for Greedos blaster), it is next to impossible to find a deactivated one - i assume these small target guns are "not cool enough" to be decorative for non-shooters. If you have a permission to have them, you can grab these guns dead cheap, under 100€/150$ - if not you have to add additional 300€/450$ for machining/disabling + control and governmental stamping to be a official deactivated gun.

It´s a beauty, great condition.

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender005.jpg

Atm i´m thinking to make it the Endor version, and keep the MR as ANH version

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender004.jpg

Damn, you can bet i´m a happy Licht. :D

Congrats on another project ;):thumbsup

I used to sell these deactivated back when the firearms-law was a bit less strict here in germany. Had about 15 IIRC

Does it have a solid barrel?

Markus

Congrats on another project ;):thumbsup

Thanks - nice hint for "you should finish one of them some time". :lol

I used to sell these deactivated back when the firearms-law was a bit less strict here in germany. Had about 15 IIRC

These days are gone, and won´t come back. :cry

Does it have a solid barrel?

No, the barrel is 3x drilled, on the other side - that´s one reason for choosing the Endor version, the grill will cover 2 of them and the 3rd is half covered by the sliding part of the receiver.

Additional the chamber is welded, and the firing pin is disabled.

This is so fraking great. Can't wait to see it finished !:love

Yeah, i still can´t believe it. :cool

And, oh funny thing, i need to make another one of the long grills, just a little bit shorter as the one i made for your Merr Sonn. Btw. ... any progress on it? :love

Yeah, i still can´t believe it. :cool

And, oh funny thing, i need to make another one of the long grills, just a little bit shorter as the one i made for your Merr Sonn. Btw. ... any progress on it? :love

Lol, that's gonna be painful again !:lol
PM on its way for the merr-sonn progress ;)

The MR is a great replica. Too bad the finish is ****e. I tried bluing the bare metal with disastrous results.

The MR is a great replica. Too bad the finish is ****e. I tried bluing the bare metal with disastrous results.

"Great" is imho not the best way to describe it. It´s a static display piece with some wrong details, and without any function - not really bad, but not really great. How hard can it be to give it a moving trigger, or just the basic functions as a Denix Mauser has?

If Denix would offer a Margolin replica, i would have never bought the MR - for both the grill and the compensator needs to be made, if you want to have it accurate.

It looks nice and would satisfy a random SW fan, but ...

I´ve read your thread some days ago, and wondered what happened to it.

I got one from Markus years ago and built it into the ROTJ version. Besides being a cool blaster, I think this gun is one of the most comfortable guns I've ever held. I wish I could get one that still fires for target shooting!

I got one from Markus years ago and built it into the ROTJ version. Besides being a cool blaster, I think this gun is one of the most comfortable guns I've ever held. I wish I could get one that still fires for target shooting!

With the correct license they are easily available here, and not expensive.

It´s only a real pain to get a deac.

My vote is for the ANH version. Looks more elegant and is more iconic as it introduces Princess Leia's feisty nature.

You can always turn your MR one into a ROTJ version.

My vote is for the ANH version. Looks more elegant and is more iconic as it introduces Princess Leia's feisty nature.

You can always turn your MR one into a ROTJ version.

That was my first thought, but ....

Due to the deactivation the barrel has 3 drilled holes

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender002-1.jpg

Making a ROTJ 2 of the 3 would be completly covered by the grill

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender001-1.jpg

Probably i would display it from the other side

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender003-1.jpg

But that would also apply for the ANH

LeiasBlaster-DDCDefender004-1.jpg

So i could indeed do it - wouldn´t be there still some hope left to find a second real, one with a more subtle deactivation. :confused If i get another real one, i would like to pass the MR to someone who appreciates their work more than i. And therefor it is better still in it´s original condition without any alterations.

Additional there are small differencies between various Margolin variants. The ROTJ seems to have had the sleek end of the slide, the same as my Margolin has. I havn´t found a really good pic for the ANH end, but if MR has done their homework right (and not just used some random Margolin pics), the ANH had the wider end.

Wow are the holes due to newer laws there? When I got mine it didn't have the holes drilled through.

I got a deac pre WW I carbine when i was a teenager (i´m now over 40), and already that was drilled (invisible, covered by the wood parts).

Drilling is the common way, it depends on what categorie the weapon is in how many holes in calibersize it needs (iirr my Sterling has 6 in it´s barrel). Another possible way is milling a long slot (most deac Mausers are made that way). A massive dummy is not that often used ... many collectors prefer a drilled original over a massive replica ... no idea why.

Sometimes they are so smart to place the holes invisible on places that are covered later. Imho the side placement is at least better than the standard on the underside, this way you just display the other side, on the underside it´s always somehow visible.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back