Leia ANH costume

jcoffman99

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After about 15 different choices, my wife has settled on this as her Halloween costume.
Anybody know a good place to get one? Thanks,

John

<div class='quotetop'>(jcoffman99 @ Aug 11 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]1298198[/snapback]</div>
After about 15 different choices, my wife has settled on this as her Halloween costume.

John
[/b]

What's your budget like?

<div class='quotetop'>(Zendragon @ Aug 11 2006, 06:27 PM) [snapback]1298682[/snapback]</div>
<div class='quotetop'>(jcoffman99 @ Aug 11 2006, 10:59 AM) [snapback]1298198[/snapback]

John
[/b]

What's your budget like?
[/b][/quote]

We're looking for screen acurate, so whatever it takes. :)

The best but expensive.

http://www.the-magic-wardrobe.com/Costume....m=SearchResults

For screen accurate ANH you want the silk crepe gown. The poly crepe is what the one at the exhibitions is made from and is possibly the one from the end of ESB.

Ignore the pictures of the boots. Those are the old versions. The newest ones will be much more accurate since they are being made to my specs from detailed photos that Gino and TK7602 provided me with.

They can also do the screen accurate ANH belt which is dyed and not painted and has the rows of stitches top and bottom.

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Aug 13 2006, 10:11 AM) [snapback]1299465[/snapback]</div>
Their prices are just ridiculous...
[/b]

Yeah I'd have a hard time sleeping at night if I spent that much for something so simple.

I didn't want to be the first one to say it, but I would have to agree. Asking $12,995.00 for a Vader display with pretty inferior components that probably cost them around $1500.00 doesn't quite jive with me....

I don't even want to get into what they charge for the componants of a Rebel Pilot costume. Their store is meant for collectors who don't know what pieces like that are actually worth.

<div class='quotetop'>(RoCKo @ Aug 13 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1299556[/snapback]</div>
you´re absolutly right about the prices, but are there alternatives?
[/b]

Hey there's a person on ebay right now that will make the dress for 50 bucks. :) It's close enough for me. :thumbsup

<div class='quotetop'>(RoCKo @ Aug 13 2006, 02:19 PM) [snapback]1299556[/snapback]</div>
you´re absolutly right about the prices, but are there alternatives?
[/b]

Hey there's a person on ebay right now that will make the dress for 50 bucks. :) It's close enough for me. :thumbsup

There are tailor's out there that could make one for you...I know one in particular that might be able to help...PM me.

Just for fun here's a comparison of that website one (I realize their belt is not the final version) with the original...if that is actually the original from Star Wars ANH...

Leiacf.jpg

EDIT:

Hmmm now that I look at it some more, it seems as if the promotional photos include the particular costume seen in the recent SW exhibit, whereas the screen costume has much larger sleeve openings...more similar to the website costume...

Leiaorigtwocostumes.jpg

No, the original was sterling silver. It's was an actual jewelry piece they chose for the costume. The company still makes them, but they aren't cheap by any means.

leia_ceremonial_necklace_posw.jpg

<div class='quotetop'>(GeneralMayhem @ Aug 14 2006, 12:55 PM) [snapback]1300002[/snapback]</div>
No, the original was sterling silver. It's was an actual jewelry piece they chose for the costume. The company still makes them, but they aren't cheap by any means.

leia_ceremonial_necklace_posw.jpg

[/b]
yes they are made out of silver. this is resin and just a prototype.I am hopping to have somthing figuered out by this weekend for getting it silver. Does anyone have any ideaers?
jonnie Wishbone

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back