Done / Completed Leather Star Lord Holster Pads

Re: w/ StarLordQuill - Leather Star Lord Holster Pads (run is open!)

Thank you for the update. Please let me know when they ship as i would love to have them attached to my motorcycle pants for my upcoming April 18 and 19 comic and toy show. Any recommendations to mounting these to my motorcycle pants? I have the NOVA Props NERF gun holster clips. Cheers. Pics of my pants below.

http://www.80skid.com/images2/DSCN4709.JPG

That may be a question better answered by starlordquill - I believe he has mounted some pads for himself.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you for the update. Please let me know when they ship as i would love to have them attached to my motorcycle pants for my upcoming April 18 and 19 comic and toy show. Any recommendations to mounting these to my motorcycle pants? I have the NOVA Props NERF gun holster clips. Cheers. Pics of my pants below.

That may be a question better answered by starlordquill - I believe he has mounted some pads for himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

I haven't mounted any yet but I've got a few ideas that all should work well. I'll post here in a bit!

So there are a few methods you could use. You can use snaps, Velcro, or directly hand stitch them to the pants.

For snaps it would require a few items: a punch, snaps, a backing material (upholstery vinyl/leather would be best), and a small setter and anvil set (same size as the snaps)
You would need to cut pieces of the vinyl to fit the back of the pads. Once cut, mark where you want the snaps on the vinyl. Use the punch to make holes to fit the snaps. Use the setter to set one half of the snap in each hole you made (the more the better and there are plenty of videos on YouTube that demonstrate how to set them). Once all the snaps are set glue the vinyl to the back of the pads. When dry, line up the pads up to where you'd like them on the pants. Mark, and repeat the punch and setting steps with the other half of the snaps.

For Velcro I would recommend a self adhesive Velcro to help with alignment. Line the Velcro up on the back of the pads all around the perimeter. I would HIGHLY recommend gluing the Velcro to better secure it to the pads. Once one side is attached and glued, attach the other side of the Velcro to the Velcro that is attached to the pads. Peel off the backing and line them up to the pants and stick them to the pants. Being careful not to move the Velcro that is now attached to the pants, separate the Velcro leaving half still attached to the pants. Now sew or rivet the Velcro to the pants. You can now attach the pads or remove them for cleaning.

Sewing is pretty self explanatory. Only thing I'd suggest is using the back side of the stitching already there as your anchor points to prevent another visible stitch line.

With any of these options I'd highly recommend using Chicago screws to attach the actual holster clips. I would not only attach them to the pads but to the pants as well. This will make it a much more secure anchor point for your blasters!
First drill 3-4 holes in the clips sized to the Chicago screws. Then, with the pads attached to the pants, line up the clips on the pads where you'd like them. Mark the pads where the holes line up. Use a punch (scissors in a pinch, it'll be a jagged hole if you don't use a punch but it'll be hidden anyway) to create a whole through both the pads and your pants. Then simply line up all the holes and attach with the Chicago screws!

Let me know if you have any questions! I can get with MorbidCharlie if you need photo examples as I for some reason can not post pictures to this thread.

I would go with snaps. If you sew the holsters to your pants and the first time you need to wash them because you've been wearing them for 7 consecutive CONS it may present a problem......

Will these be available for purchase still a month or two?

I don't see why not, but starlordquill will need to agree as well. Wrapping up the first set to ship this week! Looks like I'll be able to get about 2 sets out a week going forward.

BTW, here's a progress pic.

20150416_121516.jpg

Re: Leather Star Lord Holster Pads (progress update 4/16)

Please update status to PAID IN FULL. Just paid in full my friend. If possible please ship with the 2 sets of custom sized long jacket greeblies: squares, valve and badge too.

Re: Leather Star Lord Holster Pads (progress update 4/16)

Okay gang. I'm going to have to put taking any new orders on hold for a bit. I start a new job on Monday which will affect my time to work on these. I'm doing my best to try and get these done on time, but the job was just offered to me about 4 hours ago and they want me to start immediately so please bear with me if I run a little late on delivery.

Re: Leather Star Lord Holster Pads (new orders on hold 4/17)

Opening this run back up! I won't be starting on any new sets until the beginning of July, however.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back