Leather "Marble Bag"

SecretAgentMan

I was watching The Goonies with my kids the other day and decided to try making a "Marble Bag" out of leather. Not screen accurate by any means but it was a quick project. I am thinking about making an Indiana Jones sand bag sometime this week. I have some heavy canvas that will work great.

Materials: Soft Kip leather
Leather strip
Leather glue
Waxed nylon thread

Think there was a thread on here dedicated to that marble bag, apparently the company 'marbleking' that made the bags still have them in production today sort of.
The end result was very accurate to the film. Yours is a nice effort aswell.

Re: Leather "Marble Bag"

Think there was a thread on here dedicated to that marble bag, apparently the company 'marbleking' that made the bags still have them in production today sort of.
The end result was very accurate to the film. Yours is a nice effort aswell.

Marble King was contacted but they had no info or could not help with recreating the one in the film. So a member here recreated it along with a stamp to recreate the logo and dud a run of them. So don't get your hopes up about buying one from Marble King.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back