Last Starfighter video game project - COMPLETED

Rook 3

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Okay, since the LAST TWO THREADS fell off the board, here's my attempt to keep this thing going.
icon_smile.gif

One of us here, who created the 'Space Paranoids' replica from the Movie TRON was working on the project. Sorry Doc, I lost your name.

So...

Any updates?
icon_smile.gif

*Edit* The Game is done. yay.

Rook

Yeah, I remember hearing about this through word of mouth even before I was a member here. Getting updates from a buddy of mine.

This would be the game of the year! I'm a definate buyer.

Yes- Some word- I have acquired a new computer capable of running DBPro as well as more advanced modelling software (Alienware Area51 Mobile Extreme- MuHAAA HAA HAA HAA!). I am currently trying to transition the code already done to DB Pro. I also am in the process of getting a website up and running for this, "Space Paranoids", and other arcade/prop projects. The site is "www.roguesynapse.com" and it will hopefully be up and running in the month.

A couple of questions to the interested few:

1) Does anyone program in DarkBasic or DBPro? I would love another set of eyes on the code.

2) Can anyone do a passable Robert Preston impersonation or know of any software that will morph/mimic individual speech?

Still working on it- Working primarily on lasers and PB in HUD- Also trying to learn enough Dreamweaver to get the site up and running.

eaviii

can you post any screen shots? maybe just a few to wet our whistle? i remember seeing a wireframe gunstar a LONG time ago. was this the same project?

Oh, and Sir...

DUUUUUUUUUUUUDE !!!!!!

I would send you some money
for a copy to cover your time
just for a version of that GAME !!

icon_wink.gif

I've done it before to shareware I
loved and used ALOT. And that game
would be the same if it hold's a candle
to the one in the movie !

Lordy, was that movie really out
that long ago ????

{{ Walking down memory lane.. }}

icon_smile.gif

I may be one of the people you are talking about. Last year a gave a recognizer model I made to a fellow who was doing the GLTRON lightcycle game, and another person used it on the space paranoids game.

I do have a model of a starfighter somewhere on my comp. I can probably find it if I look, but it needs lots of work. It was originally a .WRL file, I got from somewhere, and was re-creating it. I usd to have a model I made of the of kodan ship, but alas it was lost to a HD crash.

I can give someone the .WRL file if they want to work on it, but I currently do not have time.

Send me an email or PM.

FT

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
Forced Trekker wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
I may be one of the people you are talking about. Last year a gave a recognizer model I made to a fellow who was doing the GLTRON lightcycle game, and another person used it on the space paranoids game.

I do have a model of a starfighter somewhere on my comp. I can probably find it if I look, but it needs lots of work. It was originally a .WRL file, I got from somewhere, and was re-creating it. I usd to have a model I made of the of kodan ship, but alas it was lost to a HD crash.

I can give someone the .WRL file if they want to work on it, but I currently do not have time.

Send me an email or PM.

FT
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I would like it..I just started doing 3D...
thanks
Megs

Hey evaii take your time, so far what you have posted is sweet and it is looking great.

I think i have enough schematics drawn up now its just a matter of time before i have the wood to start working ok a cabinet.

Finish a couple things i have going now and i think ill start.

Megatron - Heh, that's funny. I have a half way decent Megatron model somewhere too. But anyways, what program are you using?

I use 3D Studio Max, but I think I can save it as a .dxf, .prj, .3ds, .max, and .obj. What type of file do you need?

FT

Forced Trekker wrote:
Megatron - Heh, that's funny. I have a half way decent Megatron model somewhere too. But anyways, what program are you using?

I use 3D Studio Max, but I think I can save it as a .dxf, .prj, .3ds, .max, and .obj. What type of file do you need?

FT

Maya 5 or Cinema 4d 7
I think .dxf will work

Forced Trekker wrote:
You have mail.

FT

it must be lost..cause I have no new mail
try again
hk729@yahoo.com

Forced Trekker wrote:
Ack...Shut Outlook down too fast. You should have it any second now.

FT

yahoo did not like the file or something...it did not show the attachtment wierd?

I put both models in there. The old .wrl file that was converted to .3ds and my attempt at recreating it. I haven't mastered the art of nurbs or any of that stuff. I normally build my models just like I would if I was making it out real objects.

Its probably the old and slow way to go, but then I'm old and slow! ;-P

FT

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back