Last Starfighter video game project - COMPLETED

Keeping the thread a going- The cabinet is the cabinet made for the documentary on "The Last Starfighter" DVD. It is an exact replica of the original as far as I can tell and have been informed. The one in the film was ruined post-production. I purchased it from the maker of the documentary and I am waiting on its arrival. Still slowly working with DBPro i=on the software side but very slowgoing

Ah HA! I was wondering what happened to that cabinet.
icon_smile.gif

I was contacted by the (then) current owner since I wrote the LSF FAQ and he was interested in selling it. He wanted more than I could afford at that time unfortunately. Glad to see someone got it who will appreciate it.

And I DEMAND to see some good quality photos.
icon_biggrin.gif

Rook

Always in need of some high quality photos of the good stuff.
But Im glad the game is going niceley, having a blast with my space paranoids and when I get really bored again I might even finish up the cabinet
icon_smile.gif

Wow! The Starfighter demo is awesome! You are definately on the right track!!!

Although you definately need a faster server! T-1 downloading at 4 kb/sec drives me nuts!!
icon_lol.gif

The cabinet will hopefully be arriving in a couple of weeks driven by someone who cares about it. I will post photos immediately thereafter. Glad you like the demo- Does anyone do models/textures? The starfighter I used is a pilfered and transformed one.

</SPAN><TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
eaviii wrote:
<HR></TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS=$row_color>
The cabinet will hopefully be arriving in a couple of weeks driven by someone who cares about it. I will post photos immediately thereafter. Glad you like the demo- Does anyone do models/textures? The starfighter I used is a pilfered and transformed one.
</TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE><SPAN CLASS=$row_color>

I wish I had time to devote to this, and I wish even more my HD hadn't crashed long ago. I had almost completely remodeled the starfighter, and had a Zurg ship completed. Well, at least I was able to give you my old back-up copy.

Still waiting on the machine- Supposedly to be driven in next week- Will post pics when here-

Must not let thread die . . .

bump

I downloaded the demo but it ran so fast I couldn't read the scrolling text; other than that it was awesome! Have you gotten the cabinet yet?

The cabinet is on its way- The original driver cancelled (after some months)- Hopefully in the next week or so- Game going very slowly (work keeps getting in the way of more important stuff)- Some new props pics up at www.roguesynapse.com for those interested (VERY slow load- Next new set will hopefully be the cabinet-

eaviii

Still waiting on the cabinet- The guy who was going to drive it out months ago finally formally resigned from the task- Going with commercial shippers- Otherwise slow going on the game due to WORK.
Did manage to acquire the tracks sent to Atari (original package sent) for their version of the game. Will transfer the 35mm film reel to mpeg and hopefully will get a clean track of Preston's lines.
Any models would be great (especially the Kodan fighters and the command ship).

sweet, sounds like its going, just going slowly, no hurry mate.
Wished I knew modeling or something else I could help with.

I dont know computers very well but if theres anythign else i can help with let me know, title screens, animations and such. PM me and let me know what I can do to help/

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back