Last Starfighter video game project - COMPLETED

Thanks for the save, Trixter.
I'd hate to be forced to start a V4.0 thread.
icon_biggrin.gif

Rook

Still underway- All projects crawling at a steady pace and crawling around and behind job. I may be getting some clean soundtrack and effects from a very cool guy out in LA. I will also soon have hires pics, dimensions, and control details from the cabinet featured in the documentary. Finally, if I can get caught up on paperwork, I will be able to really work on the software.

eaviii

P.S. I am the dude who borrowed FT's recognizer model (and tank model as well) for "Space Paranoids." The game is now completed and at http://www.roguesynapse.com - Screen caps, etc there for a site in its infancy. I apologize in advance for the excrutiating load times (My buddy with the server moved to Odessa and is working off a cable modem- Upgrade soon however)

eaviii:

Nice collection of games on your site!

I just finished up my two MAME cabinets this weekend. Almost more work that they're worth ^_^*:

New%20Mame%20007%20copy.jpg

Almost%20final.jpg

New%20Mame%20036%20copy.jpg

cool
icon_smile.gif
i downloaded the Space Paranoids game, but it won't run on my machine...
icon_frown.gif
(p4, 2ghz, win me, 512mb ram). it says "runtime error 51" any ideas?

are there any good sites out there where somebody can find versions of starfighter, tron, etc. ?

olli

Great machines Evaii. mine is almost finished as well. I have the cab build for space paranoids just need to decorate it and get my computer working in it.

Keep up the good work man

NICE MAME CABS MAN- Space Paranoids should run fine there- It is made for 2 joysticks now (asdw the left JS, arrow buttons the right)- Will need to assign buttons for fire (space), turret align (brings turret to front, x), coin (5), and start(1).
Zero during the text attract mode (the first thing it does if it doesn't crash) pulls up the diagnostic mode.

I am not sure why you're getting a runtime error. I will download and run the program from the site to see if it's that. A couple of things to try-

1) Try running on another machine- Your machine has more than enough juice to run it but there are some quirks with regard to file saves that cause crashes (it writes a bitmap file on opening and this has caused problems on some machines).

2) Try running the display res executable and setting it to 640 by 480 or above.

A start at least-

doc

Just keeping the thread alive- Arranging transport for the cabinet- Hi Res photos and dimensions to follow-

eaviii

Where can I download Space Paranoids? Always wanted to try that one..."999 Million Points! Unbelievable!"

Starfighter cabinet should be here soon- Space Paranoids is avialable at www.roguesynapse.com- Also, for arcade buffs, there will soon be a passable TRON multicab front end there as well (DesktopX format)-

doc

Just keeping the thread alive- Cabinet is being driven from LA in the next couple of weeks- Still learning DBPro but at least allows bitmap rotation for analog gauges- Still trying to locate the Robert Preston voice track (I know it exists)

Doc, what's the story on this Starfighter cabinet?
Is it a custom built item, or is it perhaps the one made for the DVD release of the film?

Rook

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back