Kylo Ren Hasbro Force FX Lightsaber

Just picked one up today. Surprised I even saw it, last one at Toys R Us!

I like the heft and feel of it, definitely feels more "real" then ESB FX Vader.

My biggest gripes is that the sound is VERY low, I wish there was a way to amplify this. The 2nd issue is that the stand design is pretty whack and cheap. I don't understand why they'd feel to make you bear the weight of this hilt on a single point of the blade. Keeping it like that for so long will cause it to bend if not crack over time

Came across this canvas photo today and had to take a pic of the saber. This shot makes it almost look the size of the FX saber... Make of it what you will. Seems to be drawn over form an actual promo photo.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 143
Came across this canvas photo today and had to take a pic of the saber. This shot makes it almost look the size of the FX saber... Make of it what you will. Seems to be drawn over form an actual promo photo.

I keep saying I bet the real hero saber is a beast since Kylo is supposed to have cobbled it together.

Adam Driver is 6'3"-4" from what I read so it makes sense to be a bit larger than what people think. That being said, though, the FX sabers are known for being a bit larger than screen used to accommodate the electronics.

I'm 6'7" and here's my hand on the FX saber

vjNFseJ.jpg

Thanks, first one I've ever done so that's helpful! I'm going to grab some after lunch today and give it a whirl and see how it looks

FYI. Using an UltraEdge blade from Ultra Sabers is night-and-day different from trying to reuse the FX blade with a diffuser. The UltraEdge blade is made of white polycarbonate and has diffusing film with a special tip to keep it from looking like a Q-tip. Here's a Vader ESB conversion I did last week and got the blade today.

FX blade:

IMG_1762.JPG

UltraEdge:

IMG_1760.JPG

Love it. They're $29 and only ship with FedEx but the results are huge.

Thanks for the info on the ultraedge, I guess my only thing would be what to do with the cross guard blades? I wished someone made a replacement for those too!

Thanks for the info on the ultraedge, I guess my only thing would be what to do with the cross guard blades? I wished someone made a replacement for those too!

I'm sure they will before too long. I'd say email them and ask if they have any scrap laying around you can make some cross guards from.

How are people using the display stand?

HASBRO HQ - FX Saber Production Team:

Project lead: "WE NEED A NEW STAND FOR OUR SABERS!"

Indifferent employee 1: "How 'bout a cheap curved piece of plastic with a hole on one end?"

Indifferent employee 2: "We can leave a shallow indent to reflect the buyer's hope that the stand will actually hold the saber"

Slightly-less indifferent employee 3: "But won't relying on the blade to counter the weight of the DIE CAST METAL HILT damage the plastic of the blade after awhile?"

Project lead: "GET OUT YOU VILE SCUM, YOU'RE FIRED"

Indifferent employee 1: "So we start production?"

Project Lead: "Yes, use the cheapest material possible! And don't forget to put our signature-'zero ****s adhesive backed warning stickers' on the saber!"

Indifferent employee 2: "Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan doooooooo!"

Last edited:
As i posted above,theres an ebay seller who claims these FX Kylo Sabers wont be "replenished" as he calls it..Anyone believe this or is he just trying to drum up sales?I havnt heard that these are limited editions..Heres his quote:

"We have a VERY special addition to our Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens lineup! We received a limited number of the elusive Kylo Ren Force FX Black Series Lightsabers! These items were a limited release on Force Friday and have been system deleted as non replenishable in major retailers systems. THIS MEANS THEY ARE NOT INTENDING TO RESTOCK, at least not in this high quality form. This can be verified by calling the retailer of your choice and asking them to review the UPC in this listing."

Last edited by a moderator:
As i posted above,theres an ebay seller who claims these FX Kylo Sabers wont be "replenished" as he calls it..Anyone believe this or is he just trying to drum up sales?I havnt heard that these are limited editions..Heres his quote:

"We have a VERY special addition to our Star Wars Episode VII The Force Awakens lineup! We received a limited number of the elusive Kylo Ren Force FX Black Series Lightsabers! These items were a limited release on Force Friday and have been system deleted as non replenishable in major retailers systems. THIS MEANS THEY ARE NOT INTENDING TO RESTOCK, at least not in this high quality form. This can be verified by calling the retailer of your choice and asking them to review the UPC in this listing."

Smoke and mirrors son. Smoke and mirrors. Sometimes they show up at Target, Wal-Mart and Toys "R" Us but they sell out of them super fast. At some point though, they will not be in stores anymore and the prices will go even higher, just like every other popular FX-Saber that's come and gone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey everyone! Just joined this site after seeing everyone talk about the Disney Kylo Ren saber. I'm on a bit of a budget so I got it instead of the FX and I was wondering if anyone has tried to upconvert it to look a little nicer (longer blade, better paint, etc.) and if they have a tutorial or anything. Thanks!

Oh man... Sucks when u see these deals and don't have the spare change... Dang! Thanks for sharing that's very kind

If you're in the Atlanta area and looking for the Hasbro Kylo FX, the TRU in Lithonia, GA had three on the shelf this afternoon.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back