Kylo Ren Fabric

Oh man, yeah it's down already. :(. It's a discontinued fabric, so when it's gone it's gone. Now I'm hoping I didn't buy something they didn't actually have in stock.

Oh man, yeah it's down already. :(. It's a discontinued fabric, so when it's gone it's gone. Now I'm hoping I didn't buy something they didn't actually have in stock.

Oh well, at least I know what kind of fabric I'm looking for now! I've found plenty of the comfort 9007 stuff in a "java" color, and Rit now makes a polyester dye, so I might just go that route.

Guys, I think I found the original fabric material (not sure though).

One of the things that Turkey is famous for is its textile (especially in the city of Denizli). I went to the textile market last weekend, which has lots of shops selling different kinds of fabric material. Anyway, we found this:

View attachment 528318View attachment 528319View attachment 528320View attachment 528321

Shamefully (of our textile sector), this fabric was imported from Italy :( I might have not caught the right angle to get the lighting correctly, but the color of the fabric is black.
I may have to plan a trip to Denizli :/
You're in right. i don't know how you found this info but i'm italian and i live in Florence.
Usually i go in a big stock outside Florence, located in PRATO. This small city, far only 10km from Firenze, was famous cause it was full of fabric's companies. Now most of them turned in stock shops for large quantities.
Anyway in this place one of owner told me that he saw already fabric i showed him ( i showed an image from mobile of Kylo Ren last year in august ) and he told me:" uhm, i already seen this fabric.."
And he recognized Star Wars and he said me that staff went there to buy original fabric. Unfortunately it was a stock so they bought all fabric and asked to this company 2 treatments: change it into dark brown ( i remember he told me drak brown no black but maybe i m not sure or HE didn't be sure ) cause original fabric was WHITE(yes, White ) and another one to give a kind of sparkly on fabric.
I tried to ask him where s fabric comes from but he didnt remember ( so many fabrics from differents places.. ).

Well, i hope this story could be interested for future =)

p.s.= sorry for my bad english ^^;

My personal page is here: www.facebook.com/dario.cosplay/

I'll attach a link as soon as I can, but Scotchguarding with at least two coats an absolute necessity. (When I tested without it the lacquer was completely absorbed with almost no notable effect except for stiffness. Use a few fabric scraps for your own tests before going "all in" I ended up using two entire spray lacquer cans on my Kylo.

Anyone know where to find fabric for outer tunic? Ive looked for so long that my eyes feel like there on fire. Im gettin close to sayin "screw it" and go w monks cloth.

Yarky, that's the monks cloth I was talking about. I bookmarked the site, too bad I'm not doing Palpatine this would be perfect. lol

I made a prototype of all the basket weave parts, based on dawn bright's tutorial, and it took 6 meters. I'm 1,87m and skinny/athletic.

I agree, close enough for me as well. I'm going w the first one.
I received the sample of the cotton basquet weave this morning, this is how it looks like. The right lower corner is coated whit dark metallic acrilic paint, just a test. I like the result.
2lwavxl.jpg

for those still hunting just an FYI i'm making a run in the project run forum the order closes tomorrow night at midnight UK time all the details are there !

So there I was, watching my daily portion of X-files... When suddenly, Scully throws a comforting blanket over Mulder in S04 E01 - Herrenvolk (35:35-ish)

Kylo_Ren_fabric_X-files_2.jpgKylo_Ren_fabric_X-files_1.jpg

And Michael Kaplan tells us it's 'custom made' for SW:TFA ... u-huh! ... I'd rather say 'customized', by using a wax layer or vinyl coat I guess... (and of course a black variant of the fabric). Anyone knows anyone from the original X-files prop department? :D

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back