Kylo Ren Fabric

One thing just struck me that hasn't really been mentioned, but that I keep in mind, is to be VERY careful what we're coating various fabrics with. Laquers an other paints applied on fabric can create enormous fire hazards. Fabrics often contain fire retarders but if you apply certain paints you could turn yourself into a walking torch just waiting to be lit by an errant spark or cigarette butt. So, spend a little extra time considering this- especial since the Season of Live Candles is upon us.

Stay safe everyone!

The fabric will stiffen slightly, but I found that it only helped to improve the hang of the outer cloak. I ended up pretreating with 2 coats of Scotchguard and followed up with 2 coats of Lowe's clear black lacquer. I tried lots of other combinations. You definitely have to use Scotchguard, or the spray coats just get absorbed.

I saw a news item on local news outlets today. All the fabrics that were used in TFA were bought from a shop in the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul. I made a research and found the address of the shop. I'll make a visit as soon as I have time.

I saw a news item on local news outlets today. All the fabrics that were used in TFA were bought from a shop in the Grand Bazaar of Istanbul. I made a research and found the address of the shop. I'll make a visit as soon as I have time.

Sound very interesting, let us know if you find the one for outer fabric. That would be awesome.

What do you guys think of this fabric? Selling for $9 a yard

s-l500.jpg

I ended up using fabric I posted pictures on 19th page. (Almost) final form looks like this

z7gfpj.jpg
Hood is a little too big but I'll take care of that when I get my hands on new helmet.

Attachments

• z7gfpj.jpg
    z7gfpj.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 181
ian-snow-basket-weave-cotton-throw-p155-2282_zoom.jpg

I found this blanket online for really cheap. But I think the weave is wrong. What do you think? I've been staring at it too much and I can't even tell any more.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back