Kurtz Dossier from Apocalypse Now (open source for all!)

Okay the package for Ehyder20 is packed and ready to ship out tomorrow. I am behind as always.

I went ahead and applied my vinyl sticky material to a second clear pouch just to see how it looks and it's horrible. Even without the bubbles it just does not look good. The painted one looks better.

Tom
I am really happy with how those turned out! Do you know how many envelopes there are in total? After looking at Adams video I think its as follows:
Ivory 1: 1 folders
Ivory 2: 1 folder
Ivory 3: 2 folders
Ivory 4: 2 folders (one being for the Vietnamese IDs)

So I will need 12 envelopes in total. Hopefully that isn't too much work for you!

As for this small label of names and the large red CLASSIFIED sticker on the top of the envelopes if you want I can print those out on some sticky paper and send those to you?

Attachments

• LABEL.png
    LABEL.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
We still need the big folder question settled.
I am really happy with how those turned out! Do you know how many envelopes there are in total? After looking at Adams video I think its as follows:
Ivory 1: 1 folders
Ivory 2: 1 folder
Ivory 3: 2 folders
Ivory 4: 2 folders (one being for the Vietnamese IDs)

So I will need 12 envelopes in total. Hopefully that isn't too much work for you!

Yeah, the vinyl bites, but the paint came out okay to my surprise.

Let me play with replacing the snap with the correct metal ones and then I can get a bunch painted up. I want to try with both flat and satin black to see which one works best.

These can tide us over until we find something better.

As for this small label of names and the large red CLASSIFIED sticker on the top of the envelopes if you want I can print those out on some sticky paper and send those to you?

Yes please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For the big Manilla folder. This one looks like the bottom is narrower than the top and the cover would need to be modded.

His in the film looks equally wide at the top and bottom. See attached.

1715118068101.png

Attachments

• IMG_1707.jpg
    IMG_1707.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1706.jpg
    IMG_1706.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 2
Actually the pic was bigger in my post than I thought it would be, and it seems the "expansion" for the bottom is tucked in.

When we get a complete set printed out lets see if it would fit in this size.

Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These will work:

The Classified marking label will cover the hole:

Attachments

• IMG_1708.jpg
    IMG_1708.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 5
Yahoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These will work:

The Classified marking label will cover the hole:
Oh my god I didn't even think about that! amazing!

Here is a rough size for a complete set. Assuming the photo envelopes add around a 1/4 inch, I think those folders are as close as we are going to get. I have scoured the internet for that type of envelope and the u-line ones are the only that have that 2 inch gusset.

Attachments

• Dossier2.jpg
    Dossier2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 8
  • Dossier1.jpg
    Dossier1.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 8
Okay for the Large Envelopes and Clear Pouches from Uline will be $160 with tax and shipping. I can do it, but it will need to be next month.

Ethan if you can make a batch of the seals for me and classified labels I can sell sets when we are all done to get my money back.

Okay a box of stuff is on it's way to Ethan so we are kicking this into gear. It should arrive Friday and hopefully I can start printing pics and documents this weekend.

Thank you again for shipping that stuff James! Especially the grease pencils. I hadn’t got those yet and had figured out what I was going to do. Here is a rough idea of what it looks like with all the anti-tampering stuff on it. Looks pretty good I think. I ended up just supergluing the stamp on and it held just fine. I will get a package put together of all of the stuff to send you.

Attachments

• 27C4C9DC-6023-42FC-8CC9-EBD6BEB39048.jpeg
    27C4C9DC-6023-42FC-8CC9-EBD6BEB39048.jpeg
    996.6 KB · Views: 10
  • ED736F50-3144-4024-90F1-B43405AC098A.jpeg
    ED736F50-3144-4024-90F1-B43405AC098A.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
Okay I have both magazines coming. The Newsweek that has the two page spread on Kurtz and I ordered the same date time magazine with Kurtz on the cover just like Adam did. They are cheap and fun for authenticity. I am going to add the two page spread to the Time one as well. Seems silly it has Kurtz on the cover and nothing in it about him.

I have a 10 pack of red folders on the way,

Looks like I only need one and I am sending one to Ehyder20. If anyone needs one I have eight extras, if Adam was correct in his video showing only Ivory 3 having the red one.
Hi James, I'd love an extra one if you have one to spare.

Again, never buy this crap, It may have destroyed my printer. It's so jammed up, so deep in the printer I can not even reach the paper. I even took part of the printer apart.

These idiots need to suffer. I may need to buy a new printer thank to these jackasses.

I also suffered jams with this paper. As a work around I used a glue stick to attach it the the very edge of a sheet of regular paper and sent that thru the printing. After printing it was easy to separate the two sheets. No more jams using this approach.

I think this could easily work for the red top secret cover. You just cut off the binder and reassemble with black masking tape.

This is even better as it doesn't have the rectangular embossment on the front.

Last edited:
I think this could easily work for the red top secret cover. You just cut off the binder and reassemble with black masking tape.

This is even better as it doesn't have the rectangular embossment on the front.
That is exactly what I did, although I used black gaffer's tape. Came out great. These are the specific folders I used.
and this tape

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back