Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

Masking for painting the gloss black tube. Hopefully Amazon will send the correct gloss black spray paint today as they sent me smoked lens tint black last time and I didn't notice until I started spraying!
mask2.jpg

mask1.jpg

Removed more material from the inside of the mask and went through the cheek again! Also reworked some of the vocoder wires to make as much space as possible. The black wire trim might actually fit now. I had to rip out the panel with mouth mesh and re-do it for the third time though.

I also painted the inside of the lower mask with flat black brushed on. Don't like it at all so I'll spray it with satin. More masking, I hate masking.

Thanks. I too have had a lot of help.

I'm happy with the vocoder wires now as close as I can get them and still leave enough room for the mask to close once the fabric's edge trim black wire has been added. Probably best I not glue the vocoder in until all its parts are attached.

I glued most of the red, black and white sleeving in place so they don't slide around.

wires2.jpg

Man this looks so awesome ! amazing job you are doing can't wait to see it all finished up

I love these damn Vader projects so much, Hopefully I can add a reveal to my collection one day

Keep up the stellar work

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back