Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 15 June - eye lenses and shutters

klbrev131.jpg

Are those real glenross expansion screws? And if so how did you get them?

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 13 Oct: Tube connectors take 3

Thanks Markus.

Well I agree with Kroenen, they are too big. So I dug around and found some 1.6mm aluminium tube and made new ones.
kbrev164.jpg

Top: old, bottom: new
kbrev165.jpg

kbrev166.jpg

kbrev167.jpg

The underside of the top tubes have a little cutout which allows you to lift the upper mask forward like Luke does in the movie without it catching on the tube connectors.
kbrev168.jpg

kbrev171.jpg

Also solved another small problem today. I was unable to find any red plastic tubing for the underside of the 'nutrient feeders' but did find some electrical connectors with just the right size sleeving.
kbrev169.jpg

kbrev170.jpg
What ARE the "Nutrient Feeder Nozzles" made from?

Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project. 20 Sept 2018 - An update

New crown blended with mask.
View attachment 893720

Here's where I'm at. The upper and lower mask shells are done, both inside and out.
View attachment 893721

View attachment 893722

I dug out all the parts I've collected and arranged a group shot. Looks like I have some extra parts to sell...

I think all I'm missing now are the grey ribbed hoses, inner mask cylidners and mouthpiece, and "nutrient tubes". Plus of course too many parts still to identify so the replicas can be replaced with real ones...

Hmm... the vocoder keys are missing but they'll be hiding somewhere in a cupboard.
View attachment 893723

View attachment 893724

View attachment 893725

View attachment 893726
WHAT are or WHERE did you GET all of those PARTS?
IS there a LIST Somewhere of all of the parts and WHERE to get them?

Thanks.

Joe

Re: Kurtyboy's new Vader Reveal project is underway!

Say goodbye to the wonky cast-in fiberglass lower tusk tubes! They will be replaced with nice clean plastic tubing which is exactly what the prop department did on the original reveal prop. Since the reveal mask would be seen close up they must've wanted it to appear more machined than hand sculpted from clay.

kbrev27.jpg

I'm using Milliput for most of the larger filling jobs on this project.
kbrev28.jpg

After a quick filing down (you might also notice a spot of sharpening up the super soft cheek details - A lot of the original prop was sharpened up as well):
kbrev29.jpg

Still much work to be done, and I won't even go into the the problems lining up the rest of the mask yet!
kbrev30.jpg

kbrev31.jpg
I thought at first that the "Mouth" part not being "Symmetrical" was just my eyes... but I can see now where part of your problem is.
The "Mouth" area is NOT a Symmetrical Tri-Angle shape. The Left side is angled out more then the Right side. That will not doubt make some of the "Alignment" more of an issue.

Joe

Can SOMEONE please tell me what are these "Curved" and "Ribbed" parts on the sides and WHERE can I get them?
The LOOK Like some kind of tubing maybe used in automotive / engine wire covering or something?
Vader_revealed_Paris%20241.jpg

Thanks.

Joe

Also WHERE can someone get a "SYMMETRICAL" DV Mask?! I only want the Upper and Lower parts.

I have the back "Neck Brace" parts already and Decent "Dome".

Thanks Again.

Joe

Gonna give this thread a bump. also, gotta ask, how's this project going? And just gonna quickly mention that alot of the Photo-bucket hosted
pictures in this thread are now missing. :(

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back