Kodiak Bear Bio -- 5/8/12 Polar Bear Version Done

Some chrome lens, or maybe tha yellow chrome ones like the oakleys sunglasses would look good with that gold paintup

Fricken great! Even if its not finished, it looks great! The darker colours look really cool, keep it up!
thanks bro! There are still few things I want to do still.:)

Supurb Dude, are you gonna make a set like a totem clan ? The Kodiak Bears looks the friken nurz.
Thanks bro! Short answer is yes.:)

Yeah that'd be awesome, I'd defidently watch you make them all!
stay tuned ;)
Yes yes and helll yes!!!!...

sculpt and paint is perfect...

Thank you so much Kithunter! Get ready for the set. Once I finish the paint ups I can get going on the next one in the series :D

Some chrome lens, or maybe tha yellow chrome ones like the oakleys sunglasses would look good with that gold paintup
I'm trying to track down some yellow chrome lens right now. Man we think alike bro! o_O

I started some work on the polar bear variation earlier this week and finally got around to getting a coat of primer on.

light sanding and some primer
IMG_20120504_023205-1.jpg

IMG_20120504_023218-1.jpg

IMG_20120504_023226-1.jpg

I'm going to try and finish these two paint ups and cast a extra bio up this weekend ;). Monday I plan on getting started on the second in the series of 3 Totem Bios. Next on the list is The Eagle.

Thanks for for all the wonderful comments and compliments guys and gals! More to come.. (y)

Thanks bro! I have some basic work done on the eagle already.. nothing really worth showing just yet. I'm still working out some ideas. Hopefully Monday/Tuesday at the latest I'll have something worth showing.

Now back to the shop for me. :)

Edit:

Not a bad night in the shop.. I still need to clean out the small bubbles in the whisker holes of the new casts. It only takes a few turns , by hand with a small drill bit. I took the balls out and ordered some Amber/yellow Leds to put in the divots. For the time being, I'm leaving the balls in the polar bear version.

Below the Kodiak is the Polar Bear's, Bear(ha ha ha) with me on the paint up. Should come out pretty coolin the end. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's some progress on the polar bear..

Chrome base with a heavy coat of Flat white acrylic. Then I started taking off the white where i wanted, leaving the chrome to show through. still need to weather the white some more. then wash it all in some black. That's the plan so far.

IMG_20120505_163116-1.jpg

These are some wicked bio's yo's.

You are keeping with an animal theme for each then? I want to see a platypus sculpted up man... lol, I keed, I keed.

Keep up the work bro. Looks KILLER!!!

Thanks bro! Your designs are pretty badass man!! I'd like to see a platypus bios sketch first ;) lol

Thanks bro!

Got some magnets installed today. :D

IMG_3034.jpg

Thanks guys! It was time to upgrade my first custom pred's bio. When i put it on the mask, i quietly whispered "that's so ******* cool" lol

I got the amber leds today in the mail and installed on the Kodiak :) i still need to track down some yellow chrome lens(life has been busy lately) I also installed the blue chrome lenses in the sealed/done Polar Bear. Good new is I took pic. Bad news is high winds, rain and lightning has knocked out the power and I can't upload the pics. Or use the computer.:(

Thats a shame about your power being knocked out, but these are gonna look so good! The colours that you chose sound like they're going to go really well with the colour of your bio's. Cant wait!!! :D

It's all good now buddy! Here are the pics!!

my main goal was to weather the white paint down enough that it looked really really worn but still preserving an over all white color.
IMG_3203.jpg

IMG_3204.jpg

IMG_3206.jpg

IMG_3207.jpg

IMG_3208.jpg

Just gotta get lens in this guy.
IMG_3215.jpg

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back