Key to time replica

Fetasigma1977

There was a new threat on the doctor who lucite key to Time run but I can't find the thread anymore, guess this was canceled?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmm....the thread has even disappeared from my Subscribed Threads. Maybe it got deleted by accident ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys,

Sorry, I just noticed this thread! (Haven't been on the RPF in a while!)

I was the guy who did the Lucite Key to Time. I did two runs, one in 2013 and one in late 2015/early 2016. Sadly there are no plans to do any more runs, and unfortunately I don't have any extras from the two runs that I did.

There are two options I can propose:

- There is a guy by the name of Paul Pape who is selling full Key to Time replicas. They are not crystal clear like mine but are more "authentic" to the original prop in that they are made from resin and cast from a silicon mold. You can find his Key to Time through a google search.

- You could do what I did when I first decided I wanted a Key to Time replica: Find a factory that specializes in making "acrylic awards" and contact them asking how much it would cost to make a full Key to Time replica. (I can send you the original PDF document I sent factories when I was first trying to find one, before lucking out and finding a factory here in Toronto that was willing to make it.) In fact that's how the first run happened -- The price for them to make one was prohibitively expensive, but the cost to make 10 or more brought the price down, so I went on a quest to find nine other Dr. Who nerds, er, fans to join me in getting the replica done. No reason why you couldn't do something similar, or perhaps you will luck out and find a factory that can do a one-off replica for a reasonable price.

Of course if you have any Key to Time questions, I'd be happy to answer them!

(Oh and regarding the thread disappearing: If you're referring to the one in the Junkyard, I think it got auto-deleted when I didn't renew my Premium membership status this past summer. Sorry!)

Cheers,

I have one of Paul Papes that I am looking to get rid of. I have the Lucite one which is amazing and really have no need for the resin version. I haven't posted it for sale yet Paul's full keys are 900 dollars, I am willing to let mine go at a reasonable price so feel free to ping me.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back