Justice League

Really? Im liking the Ezra Miller Flash, seems like thats one of the universal things people love

in the pictures i've seen of him, he looked permanently stoned. this isn't how i picture barry allen.

Why am I getting a 'silverhawks leader' vibe from cyborg? didn't he have a head piece like that?

Flashes costume looks terrible.....

I don't know...

I have no faith in zack snyder anymore after he ruined batman and superman.

Flash looks ridiculous. That is not The Flash. That is Ezra Miller in a terrible knock off of a flash outfit.
Grant Gustin embodies all that is the flash. He does not wear the costume the costume wears him.

They are already ruined the Green Lantern. Reynolds was never a good choice. The story was weak but Reynolds was a big reason that movie tanked. He is deadpool he just never was going to do justice to green lantern no matter how good a story they used.

Last edited:
At no time was I amped over this trailer.

What I see is a rushed mess. (Hear me out!)

We don't have an Aquaman film introduction. Therefore, I am completely detached from any emotion toward seeing him on screen. All I know is he's Aquaman. Whoopdie doo...

We don't have a DCU Flash film introduction. Therefore, I am completely detached from any emotion toward seeing him on screen. All I know is he's Flash. Whoopdie doo...

We don't have a Cyborg film introduction. Therefore, I am completely detached from any emotion toward seeing him on screen. All I know is he's Cyborg. Whoopdie doo...

I want to feel like I know these guys before they all get involved together. They're a good 2ish years off from where they should be releasing this film. This trailer (for me) was just a whole lot of "so what."

This is very frustrating because I dig Superman. I dig Batman. I didn't like BvS. I am liking where the Wonder Woman is going so far in the trailer. As a whole this DCU is a mess and am frustrated over the path they are going down.

Kinda, an upgrade from BvS, just like Superman had an upgrade from MOS, supposed to be the same suit, but upgraded, and with quite a few more or less subtile differences.

Kinda, an upgrade from BvS, just like Superman had an upgrade from MOS, supposed to be the same suit, but upgraded, and with quite a few more or less subtile differences.

I think theres also a slightly modded version of the mech suit too.

I read that Bats will be ever so slightly changing the normal suit so that he can better take some punishment from otherworldly foes etc, which makes sense. Humans, no problems. Parademons? Perhaps some slightly reinforced armour is required.

I think it's actually a whole new suit that one, the tactical suit, but we haven't seen it yet ! Inspired somewhat by the Rock's armor in GI Joe from what I recall reading. Don't know if we'll see the mech suit in JL.

I think it's actually a whole new suit that one, the tactical suit, but we haven't seen it yet ! Inspired somewhat by the Rock's armor in GI Joe from what I recall reading. Don't know if we'll see the mech suit in JL.

Ah fair, perhaps I remembered incorrectly.

Completely makes sense story wise though that's all that matters. Just like in the Doomsday fight - Bats had to play to strengths and wasn't just stronger or harder than he should be (something the animated shows and stuff don't do correctly sometimes)

I think Aquaman was the stand out for me in that - he has a hell of a presence on screen. He's going to be physically imposing, rough brawler type. Which is a great contrast to Supermans clean cut beefcake. And Batmans calculated/fast/bruiser. And Wonder Womans lithe, acrobatic style.

I do think that it's going to be interesting to see how well Momoa translates Arthur's struggle of belonging to neither the land or the sea to the screen. Already we've seen that he is a drinker. Quick to anger. Short and to the point. Is kind with his actions (food for the villagers), and doesn't want glory/accolades. Which all sounds a lot like some of the animated Aquaman to me, which is a great interpretation. In the latest comics he is a lot more clean cut etc. I think I prefer the way they are going here.

I also really quite enjoy Barry's character choices. He's quite clearly young, powerful, smart and alone. If the flash movie is mostly placed after Justice League, with a shout back to his origin and then a story that takes place after JL, we will be able to have a fleshed out meeting with Iris/falling for each other as well, perhaps get some modern romance involved with his film. I wonder if we will see any of his backstory in JL, ie. scenes at the crime lab? Hope so.

Cyborg is the only let down for me - I just can't get on with the suit. I am sure it will grow on me, and theres months and months of post production work left to do. So I'm not too worried, but I didn't see much there that I liked.

Bats and WW interactions are going to be great, I hope we see a strong friendship develop there.

I always thought Aquaman was a joke,back when I was a kid and JL was a big cartoon thing he was....well basically he was Fred from Scooby-Doo who could swim really good :lol
I do like this take on him,he seems like a grumpy take no crap type who'd be an unholy terror in a fight,so in his case a big'ol improvement.

I always thought Aquaman was a joke,back when I was a kid and JL was a big cartoon thing he was....well basically he was Fred from Scooby-Doo who could swim really good :lol
I do like this take on him,he seems like a grumpy take no crap type who'd be an unholy terror in a fight,so in his case a big'ol improvement.
I disagree. Aquaman, most notably from Geoff Johnns's run, is a really cool character. All they had to do was advertise him like Geoff wrote him and he'd be set. By making him a barbarian, they've actually devolved his character back to the 90s when they tried to make Aquaman "cool".

I disagree. Aquaman, most notably from Geoff Johnns's run, is a really cool character. All they had to do was advertise him like Geoff wrote him and he'd be set. By making him a barbarian, they've actually devolved his character back to the 90s when they tried to make Aquaman "cool".

I think there is a certain allowance that has to be made when considering that the film's general audience won't even have a clue about any version aquaman, and that the ingrained notion of even a slightly interested person that isnt au fait with comics, would imagine that it is simply a guy which talks to fish, because its so deeply rooted in the psyche at large. It's an inherent problem with having such a character and the (generally) generic, simple understanding required of an audience.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree that GJ version would have worked as well. But they also have to ensure it fits in with the established film universe. There are hundreds of decisions that the creators would have to go through to decide the character overall. I love GJ interpretation of the character. He does what's required to really sell the idea of this character. But GJ has also had heavy influence on JL - I'm certain that he will have ensured that the depth of flavour is there.

All they had to do was advertise him like Geoff wrote him and he'd be set
Yeah, sorry but that's not gonna speak to a lot of people... Like at all... Getting Momoa is actually a pretty smart move, he's not an especially good actor, but he's got the badass vibes needed so people — and by people I mean those who don't know that Aquaman, Namor, and MermaidMan from Spongebob are not in fact the same character — like him, or at least respect him.

It's a good teaser. But hey, I like the DC films. I don't need every super hero movie to be "fun".

The only thing that really made me scratch my head was Bruce Wayne's complete disregard for protecting his secret identity.

I really like the teaser. I'm going to try to be cautiously optimistic about this movie, due to me pretty much hating BVS. I'm loving the costumes, and I cant wait to see Flash's upgraded suit. SO for those who don't like this one, fear not, he will be getting a sleeker suit in the movie. Can't help but think Superman's spot in the picture is a place holder. Something is telling me he will have a new suit in the movie, and they used the BVS one in the image as to not give it away.

for me, the first aquaman i ever liked was Batman Brave and Bold. the Justice League aquaman was no fun and too grumpy to be likeable.

- - - Updated - - -

At no time was I amped over this trailer.

What I see is a rushed mess. (Hear me out!)

We don't have an Aquaman film introduction. Therefore, I am completely detached from any emotion toward seeing him on screen. All I know is he's Aquaman. Whoopdie doo...

We don't have a DCU Flash film introduction. Therefore, I am completely detached from any emotion toward seeing him on screen. All I know is he's Flash. Whoopdie doo...

We don't have a Cyborg film introduction. Therefore, I am completely detached from any emotion toward seeing him on screen. All I know is he's Cyborg. Whoopdie doo...

I want to feel like I know these guys before they all get involved together. They're a good 2ish years off from where they should be releasing this film. This trailer (for me) was just a whole lot of "so what."

This is very frustrating because I dig Superman. I dig Batman. I didn't like BvS. I am liking where the Wonder Woman is going so far in the trailer. As a whole this DCU is a mess and am frustrated over the path they are going down.

I can't agree with this. I'll get told 'you where going into this not liking this.. we get it'. ;o)

But, what the hell, I agree with this because they ARE rushing it. they don't understand any character minus batman, be cause they are too busy trying to 'adult' these characters and make them 'modern' rather than exploring the fun of what they are like Marvel is doing. and you don't have to copy marvel to do that.

I'm shocked DC hasn't done a light hearted Captain Marvel movie yet..but he wouldn't fit in too well to the murderverse.

Yeah... not loving the Ezra Miller Flash so far. It's like he's trying to be Rich Purnell (Donald Glover's character) from The Martian in that footage.

Post Hall H vibe at the con was that Ezra Miller was the most disliked thing about the trailer. Also, personally, I think the "Im faster than anything and Im watching stuff in slow motion" has been done to death. Kind of meh. The guy seems annoying honestly. I just wish they would make everyone be like their counterpart in the Justice League cartoon :lol

Also, Aquaman was pretty boring to me. Seems like all he did was show off his contacts and stare blankly. Hopefully he is better in the movie than this. Unfortunately, after BvS, I really, I mean REALLY have to be sold on this before I throw my 15 bucks down.

Last edited:
the Justice League aquaman was no fun and too grumpy to be likeable.

Yet he had a great story in that series with the whole atlantis and the surface dwellers. Something that was also used kind of in the throne of atlantis animated and which i wouldnt be surprised of if they will use it for his feature film.

I liked the trailer and i have nothing against the casting of all members of the league ("skinny" Gal was a big no yet she was the big surprise of BvS ;) ). If i had to say something it could be i found the look of cyborg my least favourite. Other costumes look ok altho i miss supermans MOS suit. His "muscles" look even more fake now as opposed to the MoS one.

I was very pleasantly surprised by that trailer! Not at all what I expected. I was totally against Ezra Miller's casting but I am now sold. I don't know how I feel about Cyborg. Looks a little too fake and cartoony to me, but I've never been a fan of the character either. Otherwise, it looks great!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back