Justice League

JL title revealed, new pic of Batmobile below, new synopsis, plus costume designer's comments about Batman's new suits and Flash's costume. Very exciting stuff :thumbsup The press is getting some scoops from their set visit so there'll be more info throughout the day I'm sure.

justiceleague2.jpg
justiceleague3.jpg

Synopsis
Fueled by his restored faith in humanity and inspired by Superman’s selfless act, Bruce Wayne enlists the help of his newfound ally, Diana Prince, to face an even greater enemy. Together, Batman and Wonder Woman work quickly to find and recruit a team of metahumans to stand against this newly awakened threat. But despite the formation of this unprecedented league of heroes—Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Cyborg and The Flash—it may already be too late to save the planet from an assault of catastrophic proportions.

Revised Batsuits
During a recent Justice League set visit, costume designer Michael Wilkinson, who previously worked on Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, revealed that The Dark Knight (Ben Affleck) will be wearing two Bat-suits in the film.

The one they call the "Classic Bat-suit" will be worn throughout most of film. It is similar to suit Batman wore in the previous film, but it has been tweaked and improved upon.
"People who look very closely might notice that we have these new armor plates underneath the mesh, the carbon fiber weave on his suit," Wilkinson explained. "So we thought it would be cool for him to have a few very carefully placed pieces of armor hidden underneath his bat suit. The seaming is also we cannot put this very graphic way of doing the seaming that we like the breakup of the suit.

"We've come up with a new cowl. It's very close to the last one, but again new technologies, new materials (now made from polyurethane instead of foam latex), tweaking has allowed us to take that one even further. One big new detail is that Zach wanted the idea that there's a little more sense of armor and deflection on his gauntlets when he is shot at. So I designed this thing based on a Samurai. We borrowed it from Bruce Wayne's history too, so it has a connection with Asian Martial arts in Japan. So I thought that would be perfect. We modernized it to the Wayne Tech aesthetic here. We changed the straight shank of the blade from last time. It's something a little more aggressive."

The second suit, which they call the "Tactical Bat-suit," has been tweaked and ramped up a little bit with more protection, so that Batman can handle the more powerful threats that appear later on in the film.

"So in the final chapter of our film, Batman realizes he has to step up his game a little bit and he and Alfred have been working on developing a suit that's even more protective and offers more deflection than the classic suit," he shared. "So in a sense, it's piece of armor. You can see the artwork here. This is something we're still developing.

"We won't shoot this for about two months, which seems like two years in the costuming world. But we have two months to develop this. This is the artwork here. So you can see the classic suit underneath, but on top are straps and layers of the carbon fiber, strengthening armor plates, he's got sort of a leather layer upon here that he is strapping all over his plates onto the wrapping around his body and offering just a little more protection than the old. He's also going to get a new cowl with some new tech details and that gives him even more protection. We're going to do some goggles for him, a new tech cape made out of our carbon fiber weave."

The goggles he mentioned will serve two purposes. "We loved the way in the comic books he's always drawn with white flashes of eyes, so we thought of cool ways of doing it," Wilkinson said. "We liked the way that they catch the light and give that classic image from the comic books. But he'll also be piloting a new vehicle that he will need these goggles for."

Additionally, it was pointed out to Wilkinson that back of Batman's new cowl there are a handful of silvery lines/notches. What are those for? "So we liked the idea that it's implied that inside this cowl is a whole submembrane-like protective system. But now with the tactical cowl, much of it is pressed on the outside part of the cowl and maybe even will strengthen the vertebrae, strengthening pieces of the back here, and maybe protecting by sticking to connections that he has with Alfred back in the bat cave."

Flash's costume
Flash’s costume is made up of 148 pieces and the cowl alone has 70 pieces. All the pieces have numbers on them to help put it together and two people need to assist Ezra Miller when dressing. However, while you might think it would take hours to assemble the outfit, it’s about five minutes!

When we first meet up with Flash the suit he’s wearing is a prototype. From what I gathered, it seems that Barry Allen may have broken into NASA and is using 3D printers to help make the outfit protect him when running at super speed. The design is very aerodynamic and, as many of you know, when Flash runs he generates electricity which circles around his body. The help make the effect come to life, the costume has black stretchy wires which will show the electricity and will be added in post-production. Once Barry Allen connects with Bruce Wayne and Wayne-Tech, Flash’s costume will probably get an upgrade….

Flash has a cool pair of sneakers with the Flash symbol on both sides and on the base. I’d imagine we’ll get some sneaker company releasing these sneakers when the movie is coming out.

When Wilkinson was designing Flash’s costume he didn’t feel the need to compete with the TV show because the design he needed to come up with had to work in Zack Snyder’s universe.

More tidbits here but mild spoiler-warning, also includes short costume comments for Mera, Gordon, and Cyborg, but nothing too revealing:
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/justi...ter-costume-and-plot-details-revealed-a142773

Some more from the Licensing Expo. I'd consider most of these preliminary logos except for WW and Batman, they don't look that finished.

dc-films-movies-logo-600x450.jpg

the-flash-movie-logo-600x450.jpg
aquaman-movie-logo-600x450.jpg

cyborg-movie-logo-600x450.jpg

why do i just find these incredibly boring?

Because they are? Im not a graphic designer, but not only do they mostly look similar, they look uninspired and boring. I think Aquaman had a better logo when it was in Entourage. Yawnsville man. :sleep The suicide squad logo(aside from batman and WW) is the only cool looking font based thing on that board.

They honestly should have just used the logos. The font choices they picked are pretty pedestrian. Cyborg might as well have Jean Luc Picard placed behind it as Locutus. OOOOOO... spacey!!

I've never been a fan of lone character names as titles of films. I think it probably automatically turns off a general audience member. I'd much rather see Cap: The Winter Soldier, Cap: Civil War... Heck even The Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises. The Hobbit was smart about coming up with titles for the 3 films made out of one book (I know they were crap, but Battle of the Five Armies sounds infinitely more intriguing that The Hobbit 3). Sure, the "colon" can be irritating, but it gives you a little more to think about when you're standing at the ticket booth deciding what you want to watch on a random Friday night (Example -- Kong: Skull Island is infinitely more eye catching that just KONG). I honestly thing their marketing department is catering to the lowest denominator. Suicide Squad has been okay for the most part, but everything else I have seen from Warner Brothers has been basically one note.

Sorry, it was a rough day at work (100 degrees in the sweatshop I work in)... needed to vent somehow.

They honestly should have just used the logos. The font choices they picked are pretty pedestrian. Cyborg might as well have Jean Luc Picard placed behind it as Locutus. OOOOOO... spacey!!

I've never been a fan of lone character names as titles of films. I think it probably automatically turns off a general audience member. I'd much rather see Cap: The Winter Soldier, Cap: Civil War... Heck even The Dark Knight and the Dark Knight Rises. The Hobbit was smart about coming up with titles for the 3 films made out of one book (I know they were crap, but Battle of the Five Armies sounds infinitely more intriguing that The Hobbit 3). Sure, the "colon" can be irritating, but it gives you a little more to think about when you're standing at the ticket booth deciding what you want to watch on a random Friday night (Example -- Kong: Skull Island is infinitely more eye catching that just KONG). I honestly thing their marketing department is catering to the lowest denominator. Suicide Squad has been okay for the most part, but everything else I have seen from Warner Brothers has been basically one note.

Sorry, it was a rough day at work (100 degrees in the sweatshop I work in)... needed to vent somehow.

I mean most super hero films are just the heroes name...
Iron Man
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
Thor
Deadpool
Ant-Man
Doctor Strange
Wonder Woman
Black Panther
Aquaman
Captain Marvel
Spiderman
Spiderman 2
Spiderman 3
Elektra
Catwomen
Hellboy
Punisher
Constantine

There's more too. Not trying to be rude but 90 percent of all comic book movies literally just use the name of the superhero. Not a problem with WB specifically but with all Sony, Marvel, Fox and WB

I mean most super hero films are just the heroes name...

There's more too. Not trying to be rude but 90 percent of all comic book movies literally just use the name of the superhero. Not a problem with WB specifically but with all Sony, Marvel, Fox and WB

You are correct. I guess for an origin film (the first Justice League) it's par for the course... the first Avengers was called "The Avengers". I guess my biggest problem with the DCEU so far is who are they trying to speak to? If you're trying to reach a broader audience I don't think "dark and gritty" is the way to go. If you're trying to appease loyal DC fans, as best as I can tell you're batting .500. Some people love it, some think it's WAY too far to the dark side.

Semi related: I've played World of Warcraft on and off since it first released and I enjoyed the current film but it's far from perfect. This seems to be a pretty general review from most fans of the franchise. Almost everyone else (as far as critics are concerned) pretty much panned it. I think WB REALLY needs to take a page out of the MCU's handbook (as much as they seem to not want to.) Don't try to reinvent the wheel... Stay true to the spirit of the source material and change up the stories to fit your film universe. You can't have Steve Rogers be like a 1940s version of Frank Castle just to fit him into our darker reality. He HAS to be the Boy Scout. I realize our movie version of Superman didn't land in Kansas in the 30s, but he has to have those same small town, idealistic, OPTIMISTIC and hopeful ideals that the character has been known for. He has to be Lawful Good to Batman's Chaotic Good.

While Snyder can shoot a visually engrossing film, he's horrible and developing characters and distinguishing more than one range of character.

You are correct. I guess for an origin film (the first Justice League) it's par for the course... the first Avengers was called "The Avengers". I guess my biggest problem with the DCEU so far is who are they trying to speak to? If you're trying to reach a broader audience I don't think "dark and gritty" is the way to go. If you're trying to appease loyal DC fans, as best as I can tell you're batting .500. Some people love it, some think it's WAY too far to the dark side.

Semi related: I've played World of Warcraft on and off since it first released and I enjoyed the current film but it's far from perfect. This seems to be a pretty general review from most fans of the franchise. Almost everyone else (as far as critics are concerned) pretty much panned it. I think WB REALLY needs to take a page out of the MCU's handbook (as much as they seem to not want to.) Don't try to reinvent the wheel... Stay true to the spirit of the source material and change up the stories to fit your film universe. You can't have Steve Rogers be like a 1940s version of Frank Castle just to fit him into our darker reality. He HAS to be the Boy Scout. I realize our movie version of Superman didn't land in Kansas in the 30s, but he has to have those same small town, idealistic, OPTIMISTIC and hopeful ideals that the character has been known for. He has to be Lawful Good to Batman's Chaotic Good.

While Snyder can shoot a visually engrossing film, he's horrible and developing characters and distinguishing more than one range of character.
I agree with you. For a while they weren't really sure who they were targeting. Well i shouldn't say that. They knew they were trying to target those who still liked Nolan's realistic take. For a while I was fine with that but then i realized i was being selfish because so many others weren't wanting that. However have you read the set reports from justice league today? Every blogger from the set has praised what they saw even the biggest haters of BVS. The two scene descriptions sound glorious and it sounds like they didnt just listen to the response from BVS but they are actually adjusting.

Sounds hopeful, but I'll have to see it for myself. Heck, I wasn't the biggest fan of BvS but I still had to see it 5 times just to make sure. :p

Can't be bothered to get bogged down in the swaythe of negativity...

..so my thought on the new flash costume! It's reportedly made up of hundreds of sections, and is home made by Barry Allen (3D printing, using possibly stolen/borrowed material from NASA etc) love it. Makes sense that he's probably pretty smart/tech savvy, I'm fairly certain based upon his scene in the grocery store in BvS, that he is using all those little cables etc to actually ground the electricity/speed force onto himself, rather than affecting things around him. In the store it blew out a few lights didnt it, which is fine for a casual save. But if he's constantly running somewhere fast, it probably gets out of control. That's my take on the little cables and stuff. And thats great, because its something we havent seen before!

It sounds like we are going to get a nicely balanced flash too. I don't want him quite as goofy as the JLA cartoon Flash, who was a great character, but only rarely had a serious side, and sometimes was actually quite dumb. Sounds like we have a quippy, smart mouthed flash, who is immediately sympathetic with the "I need friends." line. I enjoy that dialogue and I havent even seen it yet, haha.

Cannot wait for the first glimpse of Cyborg (which will be many months away I assume) as I reckon that will be one of the challenging props...considering it'll be almost entirely CGI.

Overall, pretty excited. Really hope they don't turn too far away from the world they are building, but I'm totally open to more organic humour. And it was abundantly clear at the end of BvS that Bruce is back on the right path, that Wonder Woman's doubts are starting to crumble. So from that, and from multiple people saying JL would be lighter PRIOR to BvS release, I'm happy that it will be a lighter tone.

All thats left is the triumphant explosive return of Superman to that amazing Zimmer score, preferably at a truly fist pumping moment, and boom. I hope they have Clark deal with being "dead", if only briefly. I think the way they will go is to have the other members (probably minus Aquaman) respect Superman immensely for a) being out in the open prior to his death b) dying for the world and saving it a second time c) because they recognise that he is a selfless guy doing the right thing. I think Aquaman will probably have reservations about him, but thats so interesting to think about the entirety of Aquamans back story. Will he be the JLA cartoon "too proud" type? Or will he be the balanced type that is amiable etc. Or will he be cocky. I expect Flash and Cyborg to kind of look up to him, being younger. I'd like to see a relationship form with Diana too.

Do we think the 20000 year old ship from Krypton and it's empty pod has anything to do with the "prologue in the past" that talks about the Atlanteans, the Amazons and humanity (with ZEUS!!) and the motherboxes??

Sounds hopeful, but I'll have to see it for myself. Heck, I wasn't the biggest fan of BvS but I still had to see it 5 times just to make sure. :p

once was enough for me. never need to see it again.

the flash costume sounds needlessly complicated. like they are doing it that way because they can.

Justice-League-concept-art.jpg

Has anyone seen thus concept art? I'm not really digging Flash's suit. Hopefully it looks better in the film. Plus Cyborg looks... un-Cyborg-ish to my eyes.

Neither flash or Cyborg look like what they've been described in the set visit, probably an older concept art ! The flash is supposed to have hundreds of plates attached together and tether lines for the electricity to run around him and cyborg definitely has a red eye so half his face is probably metal, unlike the concept above.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back