JURASSIC WORLD Owen Grady Costume

awesome find mate, $750 for it. wish i had the money :unsure

I haven't read this thread but just chiming in. Jonathan A Logan is the creator of the vest for the movie. He is the most famous Hollywood leatherworker for costume design. He created the Fight Club Jacket, Transformers, Seven, and many more.

He worked on this film and has the original pattern and leather if you wanted it recreated.

http://www.jonathanalogan.com/

This is an Orvis leather belt I found googleing...
Orvis American Leather.jpg
Orvis American Leather.
Looks familiar?

The semi circle is the tank he's wearing under it, it's not part of the shirt.

really? how do you know he wears a tank underneath? have you got any images? his neck opening is quite deep/low and i can't see anything underneath, not to say there isn't but want to be 100%.

really? how do you know he wears a tank underneath? have you got any images? his neck opening is quite deep/low and i can't see anything underneath, not to say there isn't but want to be 100%.

Costumes almost always have tanks involved under the main clothes. It keeps the top layer garments cleaner. You only see this outfit for a total of maybe 5 minutes. the Homespun henleys cling to your body, I have the same shirt in the heathered version. Tanks always appear that way under them. That's definitely not a seam.

Costumes almost always have tanks involved under the main clothes. It keeps the top layer garments cleaner. You only see this outfit for a total of maybe 5 minutes. the Homespun henleys cling to your body, I have the same shirt in the heathered version. Tanks always appear that way under them. That's definitely not a seam.

ahh ok thanks for clarifying mate, really struggling to find the henley anywhere, if anyone can get one and ship it to the UK i'd be most grateful lol :cheers.

Strange that I remember reading someone from Dragon Leatherworks saying he/she recognized their belt with a different buckle. Weird

Okay, so I received the Maxx Action toy rifle from Amazon today and it is nice except I think it is scaled just about 20% too small compared to the Marlin or any rifle made for an adult.

For comparison: the Marlin measures 36" long while the toy measures 30". I can't find any other measurements for the Marlin but it seems like that 20% difference is apparent everywhere else, too -- the toy just seems too small in every dimension. Too thin, too short. If it was just going on a shelf in a Jurassic World display or something, it would probably be okay but if you're an adult who is going to be wielding it or hanging it over your shoulder while in costume, it might look a little silly, depending on your size.

It's a really well-made toy (the sound effects are nice and the "ejecting bullet casings" is a really cool feature) and the price is great, I just wanted to let everyone know of the size issue, especially if you have larger hands or fingers -- the stock and trigger area may look a rather tiny in juxtaposition to yourself. I'm 5'11" and pretty beefy but I don't have notably larger-than-usual hands and it feels a bit delicate when I hold it.

Since Owen's costume isn't really iconic, is anyone planning on supplementing the costume with something to make it more recognizable as Jurassic World? Like following raptors hahaha

Great find on the Orvis shirt! I always thought the orange stitching was a strange choice for the costume designer - it felt more like something a company would do. So do we think that this is definitely the shirt, but that an actual Orvis shirt was never seen on screen - and that they just replicated it for the film?

In regards to the Homespun henley, the little semi-cirlce is definitely part of the shirt. The styleforum link I posted back on page 2 shows the correct henley:

Owen Grady henley.jpg

Great find on the Orvis shirt! I always thought the orange stitching was a strange choice for the costume designer - it felt more like something a company would do. So do we think that this is definitely the shirt, but that an actual Orvis shirt was never seen on screen - and that they just replicated it for the film?

Looking at the texture up close, I have sneaking suspicion that they've used the Orvis shirts and just changed the buttons:

uploadfromtaptalk1435190736995.JPG

As far as we know:

Shirt: Orvis Open Air Casting more likely grey CONFIRMED

Vest: Jonathan A Logan custom CONFIRMED

Belt: Orvis 2C7C brown leather CONFIRMED

Multitool: Leatherman OHT Coyote CONFIRMED

Multitool Pouch: Dragon Leatherworks custom CONFIRMED

Knife:
Steve Auvenshine custom CONFIRMED

Knife sheath: Dragon Leatherworks custom CONFIRMED

Trousers: UNDER REVISION Probably a J Brand model.

Gun: Marlin Model 1895SBL with sight CONFIRMED

Sight: Scope-Leupold FX-II Scout Rifle Scope 2.5x 28mm Silver
Scope Rings-Leupold Scope Rings Weaver Rail Mount 1" Diameter See Thru High Profile 55880 Black Matte CONFIRMED

Sling: Butler Creek Ultra Cartridge sling CONFIRMED

Watch:
Casio GD 1001b CONFIRMED

Boots: Eastland Daily Double Chelsea Boot Chocolate. Factory sole or sole replcaed with either a Vibram Roccia Vintage or simply a Vibram Roccia with yellow emblem painted black/removed CONFIRMED

Last edited by a moderator:
Alright, great! Awesome work, guys! It sure would seem like a lot of work for them to have replicated the Orvis shirt with such exact detail. Glad to know it was a found item. Custom clothes take all the fun out of this stuff. :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back