Jurassic Park Jeep from a Barbie Power Wheels Jeep. VIDEO Of PREMIERE end of page 4

Andrewshaddox

In honor of the new Jurassic World premiere, I've decided to soup up an old Barbie Jeep Power Wheels and drive it into the theater for the premiere!

17129269257_ea0a3cd70c_c.jpg

17336324141_151ba0f5f5_c.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Jurassic Park Jeep from a Barbie Power Wheels Jeep

What are you planning to paint it with? If I recall, that plastic doesn't take paint very well. I think someone on the RPF mentioned a special paint that is formulated to stick to that, but I don't recall what it was called.

Krylon Fusion is alleged to stick to plastics better than the regular spray paint. Other brands may have similar stuff.

you can buy plastic primer its a 1k one coat clear then a normal primer on top and so on

Mostly Krylon for plastic. DEFINITELY making sure to use several layers of primer on everything first.

Looks like a fun project. Looking forward to seeing it progress.

Ok, I got the grill and headlight covers primed, painted, and reassembled.

AND I'm gonna make all the headlights and floodlights work, so I won't get lost when the T-Rex chases me at night.

17129264507_dc01b1daa3_c.jpg

17334811672_4994417d6f_c.jpg

17310728646_9874a5875c_c.jpg

17129264507_dc01b1daa3_c.jpg

17334811672_4994417d6f_c.jpg

17310728646_9874a5875c_c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

As far as paint, I suggest hitting the plastic with 400 grit sandpaper then spraying Krylon Fusion primer. For the color, Duplicolor BCC0383 is an almost exact match for the original Crystler Metalic sand beige used on the Jeeps. (It's what I'm using on my actual Jurassic Park Jeep). A couple coats of clear coat should make it look fantastic. I would suggest using plastidip spray for the red stripes. It's a bit more forgiving and still looks awesome.

Subscribed as well. I applaud your ambition. Can't wait to see how this turns out, along with news of you bringing it to the premiere!

theheheh! do it!
are you planning to pimp the engine as well? :D

I rode in it once already and it needs more power, so I'm doubling the battery power from 12v to 24v. I want to be able to ride into the movie premiere. :)

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back