JURASSIC PARK entrance GATE (project started)

hi..

i want to start a new project..what i have in mind is to build a large model maybe 1meter /3 feet high of the famous JP park entrance door.....does anyone has blueprints or some kind of renderings for me??? i will size em up and work with dif types of foambords,,,,

28uqr1j.jpg

Last edited:
Re: JURASSIC PARK entrance GATE blueprints ???? help?

I dont think theres BPs for that. At least any online. You have a good pic of the gate. Just scale that to what you want and go for it. 99% of the stufff we build in this hobby theres no BP or alot of reference. Some times you just got to go with what you got. And draw up your own plans.

What i would do. Is scale the vehicles track width. And use that as a base line for your dimensions. Not perfect. But should get you very close.

I did a 7 foot high one. I believe the original was 40 feet high. just take the best pic you can find of it and scale it off that. Thats what I did.

I dont think theres BPs for that. At least any online. You have a good pic of the gate. Just scale that to what you want and go for it. 99% of the stufff we build in this hobby theres no BP or alot of reference. Some times you just got to go with what you got. And draw up your own plans.

What i would do. Is scale the vehicles track width. And use that as a base line for your dimensions. Not perfect. But should get you very close.

Agreed. My first thought was, must it be so accurate that it requires blueprints?

thx for the feedback!!!!! yes i know..i might use the best picture i get...but first wanted to ask if someone has BPs or measurements......i found someone on facebook who maybe helps me out...need to clear that out first....otherwise ill do it all by myself....

ill kepp you updated!!!! ;-)

kind regards flö

hi...i started my JP gate project now...today i have cut out the first segement..the bow....the letters will be seperate parts i just marked the areas on the surface of the bow to get a feeling where i later pose the seperate letters....

6ycxue.jpg

I typed Jurassic park gate in google and they have good fan made 3D renders, which might help out with an idea of how to better create yours.

I looked up Wayne Knight's height & the number of Waynes tall the gate is, and it was something like 36 feet.

So, that's one way you could do it, if you needed a solid number.

-MJ

Looking good! Jurassic park has always been one of my favorite movies. and that gate is just so iconic in both movie history and to my childhood. looking forward to seeing more :)

Last edited:
To be honest I think the door posts are too far apart. look at the space between the letters and the side posts in the reference photo. then look at yours.
looks good otherwise.

Morbid flo, great job so far! Very nicely done.

I agree with HaVoc373, that there is too much space between the letters and the side posts. The side posts are either too far apart or the lettering is too small.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back