Joe Johnston Concept Snow Speeder

Aaand done! I think it's my quickest build yet, only 2 years. I'm not totally happy with the final product, I wish I would have used a lighter grey and the weathering feels a little heavy to me but overall I'm happy with it.
One thing I forgot to mention, I used Archive-X paints exclusively. It was my first time using them and I have to say they are my new favorite paint. They spray really well and are very durable. Thank you Guy for making these great paints.

View attachment 1635412View attachment 1635413View attachment 1635414View attachment 1635415View attachment 1635416View attachment 1635417View attachment 1635418View attachment 1635419View attachment 1635420View attachment 1635421View attachment 1635422View attachment 1635423
Wow, very cool project. Nice work! I like seeing Johnston's extra designs coming to life as models! I really hope Joe Johnston get's a chance to direct a SW Feature Film, soon. His art direction and design aesthetic are such a core part of SW. Joe's highly qualified and I think he's earned the right to direct a SW film before he retires.

Did the Rogue One 6 podcast today. Thanks for having me on guys! Had a great time!
Thanks to Jason, Chris and Marvin.

Its funny, I think you and I had the same thought when seeing star wars back in 77. "I want to do that!"

So did you do your initial 3d model in Rhino?

It's funny how many of my co-workers have the same story.

For a lot of my projects lately I'll design in Rhino just to figure things out spatially, even if I scratch build the whole thing. For the speeder, 99.99999% of it is modeled in Rhino, 3D printed, molded and then all the parts were cast in urethane resin.

It's funny how many of my co-workers have the same story.

For a lot of my projects lately I'll design in Rhino just to figure things out spatially, even if I scratch build the whole thing. For the speeder, 99.99999% of it is modeled in Rhino, 3D printed, molded and then all the parts were cast in urethane resin.
Indeed.

Yeah Rhino is my main tool. Ive been using it since version 1 but really started using as a tool for my job when V2 came out. I introduced it to NDS back in 2003 I think it was and we used it there for many projects. Since 2012 Ive used it for set design, vehicle design and props. Its pretty much my core software .

Thank you! Yeah it's a great design.

I've been using Rhino since 2010, I think. I'm okay at it, but I keep trying to get better. I used to work with a friend who went on to doing set design. She would always help me out with my Rhino skills.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back