JFcustom's FOAM files

George, I mean that the pep file here is designed for paper/cardstock and needs modification to work with 1/4" EVA foam. For example, many of the darts/relief cuts aren't applicable/needed or are too small to be practical for use with foam along the sides of the helmet. Of the image here, the squares on top need to be integrated into the surrounding shapes, the folds on the facemask are replaced with heat-shaping etc., and once revised one tries to get shapes that don't need to span many pieces of 8.5x11" paper.

As I hadn't heard back from any of my inquiries, I'm running with the assumption that I'm yet again asking questions too obscure/specific to get a quick answer to. =) Few seem interested in this version of Iron Man AND pepakura.

I've done my attempt at editing this - first time using Pepakura Creator 4.16 - and tonight seek to glue the parts together. They are up-sized by 10% thanks to use of a foam caliper via Wayne's Workshop of YouTube.

Once I've a good version made, the question becomes: what is the best way to share my edited version of PFCustoms/EyeOfSauron's work for others?

Attachments

• paper version.JPG
    paper version.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 526
  • IMG_7307.JPG
    IMG_7307.JPG
    722.1 KB · Views: 704
  • IMG_7308.JPG
    IMG_7308.JPG
    1,022.1 KB · Views: 598
  • Foam version.JPG
    Foam version.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 563
I see.But some of the cuts are actually part of the model, even the ones in the face plate are meant to make that curve, I think in cooperation with the heat gun.The program dissects the 3d model into parts with cuts for a reason.I don't think you can just omit some, as it will affect the design.

Your foam pieces look good though.I think the biggest difference between paper and foam building is depth, since foam has thickness and thus edges.Small edges that are replaced by thickness of foam can easily be separated and omitted from the design, and the rest can be fused/altered according to your own point of view.

I'm not sure to what extent you are allowed to share altered material, since I never needed to do so myself thusfar.I'm sure seasoned members are willing to elaborate/explain further.Sorry for not being of any real use.

Trying to be of use is a nice start George! =) I'll see if I can find the right person to ask regarding sharing edited material. I got the impression that provided the original creator of the work was credited it was ok, but will check. In this case I figure it would be nice to the next person to save on the conversion work.

Indeed, there's a sliding scale of importance of the curves. It took me a record 4 hours to glue this together as well & carefully as I could, being my first try with these shape sizes & 1/4" foam. The upper forehead would have done a bit better with that relief cut, but I'm satisfied with how mine turned out there. It was a fight near the end to get the seams lined up..!

I've yet to re-heat shape after gluing but will do so (lower lip is most obvious part). I do have a fair bit of work to do cleaning up the seams, but I think I'll use this first attempt for the costume. Happy with the results!

There is enough space for 3/8"+ padding within which is what I was hoping for. I've a large head and this is +10% scale. It is clear I'd have a hard time getting it on/off if smaller, though once on it might be ok.

Progress!

Attachments

• Rear.jpg
    Rear.jpg
    1,009.7 KB · Views: 450
  • Side.jpg
    Side.jpg
    946.5 KB · Views: 443
  • Worn 1.jpg
    Worn 1.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 381
  • Top.jpg
    Top.jpg
    760.4 KB · Views: 474
hello im new to all this ...im using pepakura 4 program and can not seem to get the space marine file to open in it ..saying file format not supported? am I doing something wrong when I open the file it is in note pad?? it that my problem any help would be greatly apprenticed. I would love to make this suit!!!!!!

I believe the file you are referring to is a .RAR entension which means that it is an archives file set, either use WinRar or any other archiving program like WinZip or B1 to extract the files, if you already have a suitable program installed you should see the 'extract' option when you right click on the RAR file. Once the files have been extracted then and only then will you be able to open the up in Pepakura

For purely informative reasons here is a link to a list of archiving file types and the relevant programs... List of archive formats - Wikipedia according to this source RAR files are second only to ZIP files and both have been arround since DOS which predates Windows operating systems by some years.

(non-pepakura related)

A progress shot of retro Iron Man's V2 torso - success! Hard to see (and pleased about it) the flared-out bottoms of the upper torso, but they fit well with the curved-in top of the stomach wrap! I can twist comfortably. I expect I can get away with a single elastic-nylon-Velcro tensioning tether at the front-center to keep the pair auto-centering when I'm not twisted. My back would not be exposed however I bend forward, so no elastic needed there. This is good...one attachment under the layers will be enough fun to reach!

Back muscling went better than expected, and front rib pairs are satisfactory. As Evil Ted does with his new torso templates, my cardstock template has a dotted cut so it is traced on both front & back of the piece. The back is for cutting, the visible side is for finger placement during heat-shaping.

On to the codpiece! =)

Attachments

• IMG_7341 b.jpg
    IMG_7341 b.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 523
  • IMG_7346.JPG
    IMG_7346.JPG
    656.6 KB · Views: 469

anyone have tips on converting pdo to pdf using chromebook?

I don't know about how Chromebook works but if you can get Pepakura to run on it then there is an export to PDF functions in the menu, I know that you can use Pepakura on Mac & Linux using WINE or Wineskin so that might help you get Pepakura working maybe.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back