JFcustom's FOAM files

EyeofSauron fantastic job.
JFCustom are the great master.
I am a newbie who is started and my first job is a MK IV armor I'm making for my 6 year old son. I'm learning a lot on the forum, I'll post some photos soon. I am using a material used as acoustic insulation in the walls is very similar to there using foam and it is cheap (2 € / m2).

P. D. Sorry if my English is poor, use google translator because my English is very basic.

Greetings from Spain.

That looks fantastic!! Nice work!

thx, i have the whole armor finished and coated, still needs paint, but thats not gonna happen anytime soon (winter and stuff :D )
i actually picked the rough material for this intentionally, cause i wanted kind of a rough texture for the suit. but i wouldnt use it on something that has to be all nice and shiny tho. i also allways files after printing, so i dont have any cuts in allmost flat surfaces, i tape the pieces together out of paper, and then transfer it to the foam.
so for example, if i have a slightly curved piece to make, i cut out the paper, tape it together so its curved, and then bend the foam under it so it lies smooth on the paper and then trace it. this way i dont have cuts on the front of the chest for example

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2...or__not_coated_yet_by_eyeofsauron-d6kw4pz.jpg

also, imagine if i only had to pay 3 bucks for the mats :D that whole suit wouldve cost me 12 bucks and id have some to spare XD

That's a good question.
Well, no. I mean it's not my next project. Neither is the one after the next.
But I must face that I'm machine-gunned of halo requests since I shared this half quick halo suit... and so, yes I'll end up unfolding a halo suit. I'm still not set on which one though.

_____

WIP pics of Omarbou1's MKVII helmet model, foam work complete, waiting for coating/painting :

Heres a test fit of the Stormtrooper, need to make a couple of adjustment and connect the belt to the waist to stop the gap but other than that it was pretty spot on!
What about tackling a C3PO now, your trooper must feel so alone... :D

Last edited:
I'm building your jango jetpack next with the intention of turning it into a boba. Then it's carrying on with this on off R2 build which obviously is going to need a 3po so it's definitely in my plans!

I made the 3P0 head, how where you intending it to go on? 'cause now that it's glued up I'm not going to be getting my head through the neck hole, oh, and I keep meaning to ask is there a neck piece or is it just a matter of making a tubular piece to fit

Well it's the same with most helmets... to slip your head inside you have to split it. Here, face part and back part seem all indicated.
The 'real' c3po has no neck piece. so I did not provide neck template. But if needed, a simple tube seems quick and fine.

Patiently awaiting some large foam pieces to get here...I am praying I can get down the JF method just like I did with my other traditional Foam Pep method. I have already built 3/4 of another IM suit the traditional way...what shall I start with with the JF method?! :devil:devil:devil:thumbsup

can I just ask a question about printing out?

When I press print. I get the message "The size of paper specified by Pepekaru Designeris not same as printer setting, Adjust scale?"

I checked the printer settings and it's on A4 210mm by 297mm which is the same as the paper I use.

Do I click yes or no to adjust scale?
I noticed if I click 'yes' then the print out will be a tad smaller than no. I never know which one to click

Last edited:
Also. can someone tell me how do you get the measurement right for a helmet?

I measured the height of my head (270mm)
put the measurement in with an extra 10mm (280mm)
print out
make and it's waaaay too small. (goes from the top of my head to just by my upper lip, even tho it was set at 280mm)

I then made another 1 with an extra 60mm and it was too big. I don't get it. Never had anyproblem before with my iron man and predator files.
as you can see I am also confused with the question above so it doesn't help

Can someone enlighten me?

Last edited:
can I just ask a question about printing out?

When I press print. I get the message "The size of paper specified by Pepekaru Designeris not same as printer setting, Adjust scale?"

I checked the printer settings and it's on A4 210mm by 297mm which is the same as the paper I use.

Do I click yes or no to adjust scale?
I noticed if I click 'yes' then the print out will be a tad smaller than no. I never know which one to click

no don't adjust the scale

Also. can someone tell me how do you get the measurement right for a helmet?

I measured the height of my head (270mm)
put the measurement in with an extra 10mm (280mm)
print out
make and it's waaaay too small. (goes from the top of my head to just by my upper lip, even tho it was set at 280mm)

I then made another 1 with an extra 60mm and it was too big. I don't get it. Never had anyproblem before with my iron man and predator files.
as you can see I am also confused with the question above so it doesn't help

Can someone enlighten me?

hmmm, I do the same thing, and funnily enough 280 is usually a good fit for me too, it usually works for me
sometimes I'll do from the bridge of the nose to my chin and then adjust the pep to fit that measurement

Ahhh.... well hell..... This is pretty much the closest thing you can find and they have it in 1/4". If I ever have any money again this will be the next type of foam I buy if I am super serious on it.

Cross Linked Polyethylene Foam, Closed Cell Foam Padding, Foam Rubber Sheets - The Foam Factory

Thanks for finding this, I've been too busy lately to look for an alternative. Anyways, now I've got several samples coming from these guys. The prices are very reasonable, and their customer service has been great so far. Anyways, once I've got some material in hand, I'll post some pics raw and with sealing and paint.

Space marine here we come

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1386868876765.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386868876765.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 531
  • uploadfromtaptalk1386868894889.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1386868894889.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 390
Mig407, I have the roll of Shock sitting in the back of my car as we speak, $25, and they have LOADS of it at the Sears down the street

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

no don't adjust the scale

hmmm, I do the same thing, and funnily enough 280 is usually a good fit for me too, it usually works for me
sometimes I'll do from the bridge of the nose to my chin and then adjust the pep to fit that measurement

Thanks for the reply. So I am supposed to click 'No' every time it asks me if I want to adjust??
I clicked yes on my current project which is the 300 spartan helmet and the fit was perfect!! Also I clicked yes to my iron man helmet and it is also a perfect fit. This is why I am asking if I need to click 'Yes' adjust as I've never had a problem before except the file before my spartan helmet. That was a mess :(

As I mention before, the file before this spartan helmet... I measured the height of my head and added 10mm but the end results was way too short. Is measuring the height of your head the best way to get a right size helmet??

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back