JFcustom's FOAM files

@JFcustom I wanted to build the chest part of the Iron Man Extremis but when I opened up the pdo, only half of it is printable. Zooming out shows the other parts of the piece but there's no way to print them out. Do you happen to have the foam file for the other half of the chest, or know how I can access them? Great work putting all these up by the way! Already done the predator bio mask and it looks awesome :)

Just flip the print out pattern for the otherside.

To build it took a weekend.... maybe 10 hours to put it all together. I'm staying off the boards for a while so good luck if you build it!

I thought that, but the extra bits I can see on the pdo aren't the same shape as the printable bits. But if I can't get that extra piece then I will just print and flip, and try and bodge any missing bits.

The pieces aside don't have the same shape, because I didn't unfold them. And I didn't unfold them because it was needless. And it was needless because actually you realy only have to flip the template to get the other side...
Watch here from 1'50 to 2'30 -> ArmorAsylum - Iron Man mkVI foam build - YouTube

The pieces aside don't have the same shape, because I didn't unfold them. And I didn't unfold them because it was needless. And it was needless because actually you realy only have to flip the template to get the other side...
Watch here from 1'50 to 2'30 -> ArmorAsylum - Iron Man mkVI foam build - YouTube

I couldn't get the video to load but what you say makes sense. I'm still pretty new to foam crafting and haven't done much paper to foam converting. I'm flip and print and see what happens. Thanks :)

I couldn't get the video to load but what you say makes sense. I'm still pretty new to foam crafting and haven't done much paper to foam converting. I'm flip and print and see what happens. Thanks :)

Wait, no, don't flip and print... Print once and that's all.
When you build something out of the printed paper you get from your printer, yes, in this case you need to print both sides.
BUT you don't need both sides in paper to build something out of foam.
Simply use twice the same single paper template to cut up TWO mirrored foam pieces...

Wait, no, don't flip and print... Print once and that's all.
When you build something out of the printed paper you get from your printer, yes, in this case you need to print both sides.
BUT you don't need both sides in paper to build something out of foam.
Simply use twice the same single paper template to cut up TWO mirrored foam pieces...

Haha I think I had a brain fart moment! Yeah, I know what you meant :)

I'd like to see more gears of war 3 armor. Torso, the big boots, belt, forearm pieces. When you aren't crazy busy of course. No rush! :) amazing work by the way! Totally jealous of that mark 7

Yes, what a wonderfull thread it could be... :love *sigh*...but sadely it's not a request thread.
Besides, if you'd see more gears of war 3 armor, would you build it ?
At my end I'd like to see more guys unfolding for foam and sharing their work ;) Ok who wants to tackle a GoW armor and release a full set of pdo files ?

It's true that I sometimes wish I could cast this mkVII to make copies... but the fact is that the next one will probably turn out even better. ^^

Last edited:

Halo - Oceanic helmet.pdo
(Cullen Cosplay already built it -> pics here.)

You could have noticed that available female suits are pretty few. We should try to cure that.

Skyrim - The Elder Scrolls - Karliah's Nightingale suit.pdo

And next to come :

snowwhitearmor.jpg

Last edited:
I know nothing about how to unfold files what so ever but if you could point me in the right direction on how to learn, I'd be more than willing to contribute.

I'm working on my first build and have become a Huge fan of this thread. I'm currently working a complete storm trooper build. The helmet is card stock, fiber glass, and body filler. I'm currently using JF's files to do the armor out of cardboard. Which I plan on fiberglassing with a combination of rigid and semi rigid resin.

Here's what I've accomplished with the armor so far
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1392018860.007650.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like I didn't post this.... must be over due since the Horus (chirp) one's are popping up everywhere, time for an Anubis. With everyone asking for templates, this is what JFcustom templates come out as. Of course details are free to interpretation.

F%^K yeah!!! your work is awesome as usual!!!

Hey jfcustoms. Thanks alot for your pep files. :D i finally finish my vanquish ars and did the chibi gundam. both are awesome.. :D But i'm hoping to create a gundam armor but as i search in goog i find that ladies are mostly use the armor (they look more sexy). tsk.. Im now unfolding gundam epyon, raiser 00, nadleeh, Unicorn (NTD),and kyrios, I also unfold and currently working on the death Scythe gundam. This is my first unfolding and im hoping to get a fine result out of this unfolding thing. :D but i'm focusing to finish first the one you provided the chibi and the my experimented unfolding to foam. Thanks alot Jfcustoms. :D

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back