JFcustom's FOAM files

Hello I would like to inquire about where you can buy the kind of foam which you use to create your costume, or you can buy them in upholstery or in some stores building, looking at the armor of foam resin, enough light and also quite stiff.

I'm Polish and I do mistakes in spelling as such I apologize :)

Last edited:
Hello I would like to inquire about where you can buy the kind of foam which you use to create your costume, or you can buy them in upholstery or in some stores building, looking at the armor of foam resin, enough light and also quite stiff.

Hello,
i am not sure about the foam he used, but generally this stuff is called EVA Foam
or cellular rubber, expanded rubber, foam rubber, foamed rubber, sponge rubber.
You can buy it on Amazon, Ebay or most art supply shops.

Eva closed cell foam, you can also use camping mats that looks like this uploadfromtaptalk1412195400286.jpg

Using some of the tips and tricks from this thread i made my Grif armor, wich made a debut on concomics a few weeks ago
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412198790.592794.jpg
Recently a friend invited me to a batman cosplay group for december's concomics, i decided to do a red hood cosplay (on a budget), after days of insanely looking for a red hood pepakura file (that was for free of course) i was considering using the injustice or deathstroke mask, but then i saw the multi-hero cowl (blue beetle) and decided to work on that, sadly i ran out if foam, so i'm improvising
So far so good!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412198694.726409.jpg

Is hot glue best for gluing cardboard for pep?
I haven't done much pepakura, but I've found that if you plan on getting resin on it hot glue can cause "dry spots".
Super glue works pretty decent so far for me, but the dry time/absorption is a bit of a bummer.
I'd say stick with hot glue if you can keep it to small amounts.

I got it pretty thin working on the resin now. I tried super glue at first but like you said the absorbtion was quite difficult to deal with. I even had the medium thickness and it was still rough going so as aforementioned I hot glued instead. The outside has very little squeeze out and the inside is pretty minimal so I think I should be ok? Hopefully haha

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back