jeres space marine build wip

i dont know if your already going to do this but i made a mini gun ammo pack and i found it lost integrity from movement so i added x4 struts inside they were made from 10mm EVA foam 3x10mm lengths stuck together, they add minuscule weigh but stopped my back pack from moving or squashing ( excuse my terrible paint shop picture lol )

IMG_20170216_121747.jpg

i dont know if your already going to do this but i made a mini gun ammo pack and i found it lost integrity from movement so i added x4 struts inside they were made from 10mm EVA foam 3x10mm lengths stuck together, they add minuscule weigh but stopped my back pack from moving or squashing ( excuse my terrible paint shop picture lol )

View attachment 796689

hi gothic. i am too going to add some internal supports, most likely i shall print, whenever i get my 3d printer fixed, some tube holders and slide tubes with holders inside of jump pack. from the side that wont be seen and screw them in place after i can be sure from squarness, otherwise there will be ton of flex from size of parts.

in other news some 4 hours of gluing taked me here:

gluing on (1).jpg gluing on (2).jpg gluing on (3).jpg

yours - jere

i am been making jumpacks front part (lock thingy?) and after some test prints got it enough pleasant to use, also started to add more details to shoulders (another edge trims i suppouse they are called). i will order more filaments this month and i shall start to try make neck seal at sketchup and just maybe if gods of 3d printers are pleased, also print it with flexible filament :wacko

yours - jere

upper progress (1).jpgupper progress (2).jpg

for using small holiday effectively i have so far created new abs part, which is more rigid as older red one from 5mm foam. also been making some fan places and holders to create some air flow inside, these fan places are 60mm in size, and i am currently seeeking low db ones with good air flow amount.

at next few coming days i am going to try some designs for upper boby frame that could support upper parts, including jump pack.

yours - jere

new abs part (1).jpg new abs part (2).jpg
fan with holder design 2 new abs part glued inside of cod

Fantastic! I like your job.

thank you :)

i have been making some detail parts for upper parts and also started to dive into power fist once more (this time with some v2 parts like shell templates etc)
without further due, here some pics from progress :p

yours - jere

some upper parts added (legs thingy maybe needs resizing so i havent glued it):

insignias and things (1).jpg insignias and things (2).jpg insignias and things (3).jpg

powerfist dusted of dust and taking some look with new test parts:

new fist parts making  (1).jpg new fist parts making  (2).jpg new fist parts making  (3).jpg

new fist parts making  (4).jpg new fist parts making  (5).jpg

small update, i have created sliding lock mechanism for two sides of power fist shell, also been tinkering with teensy 3.5 board, (and yes i finally managed to get fist work with 16 channel servo driver :p, just after two weeks of coding after work, every evening, 2 hours per evening at least).

so now finger gestures are gonna be mapped to different buttons, thumb and all 4 other fingers have their own "go zero position" button and gestures are gonna be mixed commands of these buttons etc first push button of "close thumb" and "metal gesture" button which shall result into metal gesture, to open up fist just reverse these commands :D

i have also started inner structure of jump pack this week, some photos below

yours - jere

locking mechanism:

fist shell locking system 1 (1).jpg fist shell locking system 1 (2).jpg

fist shell locking system 1 (3).jpg fist shell locking system 1 (4).jpg

jump pack inner supports making:

jump pack inner support wrame wip (1).jpg jump pack inner support wrame wip (2).jpg jump pack inner support wrame wip (3).jpg

today i continued work on marines chest by adding lock thing and started to create harness "plates" that "connect" jump pack to rest of armor.
inside of lock shall also be additonal 60mm fan to assist in keeping temperature inside more tolerant, when i shall get into actual wearing tests
(someday eventually)

yours - jerewarrior

20180921_142734.jpg 20180921_142725.jpg

been busy at farm, but had couple free days to continue marine, so i decided to continue the powerfist.

i have been making some moddings to fist shell parts holders in order to add 2020 alu extrusions, also same time old joystick was dissassembled and original buttons put inside drawer. after that i designed some parts to keep joystick mounted at 2020 extrusion, and parts to replace original button hardware, teensy board will also likelu have home within joystick shell.

yours - jere

here some pics:

buttons mods so far
buttons modding (1).jpg buttons modding (2).jpg

joystick mount planning with extrusion and new shell holder parts
joystick modiing (1).jpgjoystick modiing (2).jpgjoystick modiing (3).jpg

testing holding on

testing  (1).jpgtesting  (2).jpgtesting  (3).jpg

for couple weeks i have been designing thing to keep actual "jet" part together, these inner support parts are modular and each part that joins round parts ( made of 4 segments) will be 12 cm long.

some testing:
jet part framing 2.jpg jet part framing trying on.jpg jet part framing.jpg

yours - jere

today was the day that i have been waiting for over half a year, first moves under battery power, with 8A overcurrect proctor, and 10A ubec, also with finally working code. i dropped tear or two from joy :lol:

some pics:

fistitesti3.jpg johtoja.jpg johtoja2.jpg

testing video, there is some black lash since servo horns are not fully secured yet and one or two is semidead.

after finding used ice hockey armor thing from flea market for 10€, and taking unneeded bits out by selection of tools including hammer. i have then started making inner support structure from it that will support the weight of jumppack and distritube weight hopefully more evenly.
most likely i shall install it permanentely by printed pipe holders and right lenght cutted pipes installed to them inorder to have ability to take it out if nessecary or by filling "voids" inside of armor by right shaped stacked eva foam pieces glued into armor:unsure:.

yours - jere

some photos:
inner support started 2.jpg inner support started 3.jpg inner support started.jpg

inner support structure has got some 3d printed parts for rigidity and is at process to get into trying it, while it holds shoulder armor pieces :)

yours - jere
olkapääosa kannatin2.jpg olkapääosa kannatin.jpg tuki2.jpg tuki.jpg

today after while, i have made good progress with back side holder parts, these will help me to get inner weight support thing
(modified hockey armor) out, when there is need of adjusting or repairing.
when i get my third iteration of lock part printed i hopefully get to desing front parts to use same princible as at backside,
has taken so far two evenings/nights to design and print with 1,2mm nozzle.

yours - jere

some pics:
back holder making.jpg back holder making2.jpg back holder making3.jpg back holder making4.jpg lock.jpg

small update :), i managed to get armors inside supporter to work and used my small holiday to create harness that uses the same inner support thing to strap into. also started to create prototype for holding the shoulder armor pieces, that would give me possibility to take them off if needed.

my friend visited and helped me to try out my harness system as it is so far.

yours - jere

harness:
test1.jpg test2.jpg

mocking up pieces:

hullutukset3.JPG

wip shoulder holders:

shoulder holder (1).jpg shoulder holder (2).jpg shoulder holder (3).jpg

after long hiatus; (saving money, getting used to fusion 360 free version, and some workshop infastructure making which is still going slowly), i am back and eager to see and read builds and projects here at rpf once more:)

during this hiatus, i do have been modeling for weeks and printing many evinings; my new strengthened versions of fingers are coming along slowly but steady, now with inner frame!, i bought metal gear servos mg90s (plastic ones are basicly gone dust.
then i added hinge point by converting m3 screw to 6mm bore axle by using 6mm sized and 6mm high round stand offs with inner thread, the bearings utilzed are 6mm inner diameter MR106-2RS ones. the fixing part that actes as oneside of finger unit and also carries the inner frame is m3 hex stand off at various lengths :unsure:

there will be more changes in future after i get my bigger printer going (hopefullu by end of the month) and back into printing bigger parts out, they do need some modding too and some total redrawing, but for now here are some pics from current state after so long. :oops:

yours -jere

fingero.jpg fingero2.jpg fingero3.jpg fingero4.jpg fingero5.jpg

Heyyyyyy... I was worried real life had jumped you and this was relegated to the "someday I'll finish" limbo. Glad to see you resurface. :) Good luck with all your infrastructure updates. That's a big step forward.

Heyyyyyy... I was worried real life had jumped you and this was relegated to the "someday I'll finish" limbo. Glad to see you resurface. :) Good luck with all your infrastructure updates. That's a big step forward.
thanks for luck peregrinus! (did i spell that right), just needed time to gather some money, and work some other things and being farm hand takes some time off my itchy maker hands too :cry: anyways, today i swapped from 1.0mm to 0.6mm volcano nozzle at my bigger printer made from anycubic zero 2.0s frame (2nd same kind slowly coming together from another half of the frame).
inorder spit out slightly more accurate parts and made some changes to finger models, that i do have for the moment, so that they utilize same round stand offs thingys in various lenghts as the "axles" for the pure reason of easier to print and get round stand offs o_O
hoping to get thumb and index finger at least modeled and semi printed next week. also snapped some pics.

here some pics from fusion 360 mock up atm and from current work horse printer, yours- jere

fingers so far.png printing.jpg

time for small update :) after ~88 hours of printing :eek:i am starting to have all fingers printed, yay! still need to reprint some modules to have all of them using round stand offs but that can wait. now i can move to design other pieces for the fist, some of them can be seen at fusion view pic already :cautious:

yours - jere

at fusion.png
at fusion view

finger making.jpg

how they look printed

during night/today i got upper frame`s for shell printed with second gen test prints, need to adjust couple things (tolerances and some wire routing spots) otherwise they turned out great, and these can already be used to get eva foam part adjusted to new m5 screw spots :) fusion 360 has speeded up my work flow quite lot :D

yours - jere

re made upper frame holders (1).jpgre made upper frame holders (2).jpgre made upper frame holders (3).jpg

took small break and designed new handle part today, started priting, which will take some day(s). also mocked up new tool holder wall thing to see, how i want to put my collection of tools into it, so that i get my another table usable again :whistle: i need to install it properly by screwing some planks to shelf frame and then screw tool holder into the planks.

yours -jere

new handle.png 20211113_181042.jpg

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back