Jedi Comlink - Need help to identify components

The bigger one is the one actually on sale on eBay (M85731/1-14C), the smaller one, the one I estimated. Quite different. I am sorry.

Comparison.jpg

The tri-screws are #3 aircraft screws. There are markings on the heads including a 3 in a circle which means they are specifically for aircraft. I have some from a board member who works on aircraft, but the smallest he found was #4.
I also have some plain ones (no #3) which seem to be about the right size.

Matt Munson made a great resin kit awhile back which is what I have (yet to be built). He resin cast the rubber section of the razor for easy painting.
BUMP for this. I can't find #3 references or dimensions. Anyone?

There are some on one of my replicas, not sure if the size is correct, I'll check later tonight...
The problem is, that the number inside the circle only determines the screw driver size, and not the model of the bolt. So we were looking for something that not exists in real world. That bold has a code, which I cant tell from the image. Only thing I was able to find was the triwing hole size:

Fullsize Page 12 of TechLex 2009/2010

So, that's the only real reference I have to build that bolt head despite my estimation about the head diameter. Any help will be welcome.

Found one of them in my toolbox. An aircraft one.

DSC04067.JPG

It has a #5, which tells me that you need a #5 screw driver to fix and unfix it. This one is 7.2mm head diameter. I estimated that prop one is 6.69mm and given the size of the triwing should be number 4. That way matches the used on prop.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

They are not perfect, since I found a limitation in the modeling software. BUT, they Are terrible small, so you wont be able to tell the difference. What do you think?

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to check mine.

Well these work for me. Would look great in brass!
Found one of them in my toolbox. An aircraft one.

2011-02-02_21-25-05_928.jpg

It has a #5, which tells me that you need a #5 screw driver to fix and unfix it. This one is 7.2mm head diameter. I estimated that prop one is 6.69mm and given the size of the triwing should be number 4. That way matches the used on prop.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

They are not perfect, since I found a limitation in the modeling software. BUT, they Are terrible small, so you wont be able to tell the difference. What do you think?

Great work! Can't wait to use your parts to assemble my comlink.
Keep up your good work and I hope you will make more comlink parts in the future.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back