Jedi Comlink - Need help to identify components

I hate to open two questions at the same time, but, does anyone know what is this? I think that watching at it from different angles would help. What do you think? Found part or custom made?

NamelessPart1.jpg

NamelessPart3.jpg

NamelessPart2.jpg

This part has been doing my head in for a while now. It looked very familiar right from the start.

It looks a lot like it should be part of a latching/locking mechanism, like on a car door/boot (trunk) or similar.

It also looks a lot like a bicycle pedal cleat.

Best I could get:
blood1.jpg
blood2.jpg

blood3.jpg
blood4.jpg

blood5.jpg

It's hard to tell if the cartridge actually clips into the razor, or just fits underneath. I don't see a slot in the other pictures of the prop.

Yep, that's what I suspected. The pronged part just slides under the razor and the curved lip (which is shaped to mate with the edge of the razor) just presses against the comlink.

By the way, the piece in the last picture is the same piece that's in the other pictures. It's one shot.

It looks to me like it's sliding under. In the last pic it looks like he's just holding a different part against the razor body.

Last edited:
Yep, that's what I suspected. The pronged part just slides under the razor and the curved lip (which is shaped to mate with the edge of the razor) just presses against the comlink)

By the way, the piece in the last picture is the same piece that's in the other pictures. It's one shot.

That is strange. When looking at the black color that peels away, where his thumb is, it is absolutely the same piece. But the shape of the part absolutely changes between the last 2 pictures.
Is it just me or looks the light on the border of the part at the last picture kind of wrong. At least to me it did. His fingers cast a shadow at the razor and after the collector slides "in" theres no shadow at that piece where it attaches to the razor. Hope you understand what I mean. Could they have tricked with cgi? But why in such a rather irrelevant piece....?

I know it's the same part, what I meant was that they showed the entire part and slid it under, then maybe shot him separately finishing the motion with just that curved part (with the rectangular detail off) so it would sit up against the razor.
Either that or the rectangular part could have had a hidden hinge that would let him slide it under then press up, which would fold the rectangular part under allowing him to sit the curved part against the razor giving you the illusion of it sliding in. I'd have to watch that scene to see the motion he used.

No, it's definitely the same piece. Just his forefinger has moved to reveal more of it.

Go watch the movie you'll see what I mean ;)

That is strange. When looking at the black color that peels away, where his thumb is, it is absolutely the same piece. But the shape of the part absolutely changes between the last 2 pictures.
Is it just me or looks the light on the border of the part at the last picture kind of wrong. At least to me it did. His fingers cast a shadow at the razor and after the collector slides "in" theres no shadow at that piece where it attaches to the razor. Hope you understand what I mean. Could they have tricked with cgi? But why in such a rather irrelevant piece....?

No, it's definitely the same piece. Just his forefinger has moved to reveal more of it.

Go watch the movie you'll see what I mean ;)

You are right! Don't know how I did get that wrong. My mind must have played a trick on me. Like Obi-wan said: "Your eyes can deceive you." :lol

Already looking very good!

A minor change I see is that the edges of the rounded part don't curve so much inwards. And for some reason the bottom right rod seems to stick out further than the top row. Maybe the bottom row rods are longer than the top row?

And I don't know what those dark areas on the rods are but I've painted them in black:

comlinka.jpg
BloodSamplerPrototype.png

This is what I see there:

Any feedback will be welcome. This is a rough prototype. I know the pins are rod pins.

that part reminds me of the money slider of a shopping carriage or at least a modified version of something like it.
(i hope you know what i mean as i don´t know the english name for it)
great screengrabs Kurt!

This part has been doing my head in for a while now. It looked very familiar right from the start.

It looks a lot like it should be part of a latching/locking mechanism, like on a car door/boot (trunk) or similar.

It also looks a lot like a bicycle pedal cleat.

Didn't see if someone answered this already. Those are found screws. If you look close there are numbers on them. That is a NPN(national part number) found on military grade screws. It tells what size grade and thread the screw is. I USED to have some when I was still in the service. made a comlink myself back when TPM first came out. Sorry, don't have any of the parts anymore but thought I'd drop a little info on a fun project here.

Yep you're right. :)

I'm kind of disappointed now that they didn't actually build that feature into the actual prop, that it would slide into it. :lol

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back