Jawa Blaster, ROTJ, scratch build

Stutz

Been lurking for quite a while, soaking up all the amazing knowledge here, and finally have a chance to contribute something.

I'm in the 501st Legion (SoCal) and decided I wanted to do a Jawa costume for my daughter for ComicCon. Of course the best part is the blaster, so I set about scratch building the ROTJ Jawa blaster.

My goal was to get it as screen-accurate as possible, yet make it easy enough to reproduce that I could make some for friends who had requested them as well. It also had to be light, durable for trooping. I also added a non-canon sling, because I knew my wife would be carrying it for a good chunk of the day, and rule #1 is keep the wife happy.

So here is what I came up with. Sorry for the lack of progress pics, but I kind of get into a groove and forget to take pics.

The construction is a combination of wood, metal, PVC, acrylic and some resin bits.

I'm currently building a few more, so I'll try to take some WIP pics.

Blaster_comp.jpg

Blaster-41.jpg

Blaster-12.jpg

Of course we'd love to see how this was done, but I wanted to say excellent work! Especially for scratchbuild, that is beautiful!

That is amazing! The best I have seen of this style. I would be interested in building one since I have a son with a Jawa costume.

Thanks everyone! I know this is kind of backwards, but I'll take and post up some WIP pics when I build the next one.

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back