James Webb Space Telescope launch is rescheduled again

One of it's goals is exoplanets atmosphere composition observations.

Here's what Webb can do...

Could This New Telescope Help Us Find the Aliens?​

Guy captures telescope when it was 620,000 miles away.

JWT.jpg

and the article.

Photographer Captures James Webb Space Telescope Traveling to Orbit

Amateurs can do some amazing stuff. That's why I wouldn't worry about the government keeping it a secret if something was going to hit the earth. They would find it.

those simulations are pretty intense... still think it will be a year before they release the actual photos?

those simulations are pretty intense... still think it will be a year before they release the actual photos?
I actually thought it had to fly to the orbit its in now, and then open up everything. But, I guess because there is no air in space, they were able to open ot while traveling so fast. NASA still takes their time with everything, but with the cost of this thing, probably a good idea to take it slow and make sure not to breakit yet.
Hopefully sooner than a year, but you never know.

Crazy how this works. But makes total sense

How long before the mirrors are aligned?

months I think, cool down is a long process in space for this telescope and they need to do it slowly and carefully planned steps, then all the calibration of the science equipment that captures the imagery and data. It's nice they are sharing the sausage making pictures but it's summer time until they start doing the science observations.

months I think, cool down is a long process in space for this telescope and they need to do it slowly and carefully planned steps, then all the calibration of the science equipment that captures the imagery and data. It's nice they are sharing the sausage making pictures but it's summer time until they start doing the science observations.
What is cool down? Where can I read more about this

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back