It's time to Build an Obi Wan ANH Saber

Boba Debt

Master Member
Now that 99% of the saber has been positively identified I have decided to find all of the original parts needed to build a original Obi Wan ANH Saber

Jan 14th 2006, UPDATE

I was able to locate an real ANM2 Booster and this week it finally arrived

RealANM2.jpg

Now I just need to find the cheap parts :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 4th, 2005 UPDATE

I already had a moderen "real" Armitage Shank and I was able to get a decent clamp from ebay for $50.

It will be a slow process but eventually I'll get everything

Here is my Saber so far

RealSaber.jpg

Thanks

Originally posted by Boba Debt@Nov 3 2005, 08:42 PM
Now that 99% of the saber has been positively identified I have decided to find all of the original parts needed to build a original Obi Wan ANH Saber
[snapback]1109428[/snapback]​

Reading that gave me chills.
I can't wait to see the saber done..

-Rabittooth

They may as well have been handmade, there is so much variation in fin edge thickness, groove radius size, fin wall form, and the shapes of the radii at the ends of the fins. The latter must have been hand-filed on the lathe, they are all so different.

Most of the ones I've seen have the wrong fin end radii, yours is closer than most, and the fin edge thickness is pretty good. :)

Originally posted by Boba Debt@Jan 15 2006, 05:28 AM
I didn't know there were different versions.
[snapback]1159695[/snapback]​

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back