It was Purely QMx Sonic Screwdrivers...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aaaaand... River Song's Sonic is now "in-stock" and available for purchase, if any of you are actually crazy enough to buy one at that extortionist price! But if you want it, act quickly... even though QMx announced a run of 15 pieces, I'm hearing through the grapevine that Robatto only had enough time to make 10. So, same thing as before with the 11th Doctor's Sonic... he produced less than the promised amount, so they'll sell out even FASTER as a result. If you want one, grab one NOW.

As for me and the rest of the sensible Whovians, we'll be sticking with our Character Options toy versions! ;)

So, I see how it is with QMx... the Star Trek fans can have nice, affordable prop replicas (The metal-plated Stunt Phaser from the 2009 movie, the ST:TNG Communicator Badges that just arrived in-stock this weekend) but Doctor Who fans? Then they're all like "screw you guys, you pay $4,000 for one Sonic Screwdriver, MWA HA HAHAHAHAHA!!!" :rolleyes

I think it's more that they bit off more than they could chew. The props that they have managed to offer that haven't been outsourced to artisan builders have been way more simplistic than the sonics, which can't just be thrown into moulds in China and mass produced. Given the quality issues of something as straightforward as resin Mal Reynolds pistols, can you imagine what would have happened with the sonics?

I prefer to think about what could have gone RIGHT if they'd set their minds to it! But obviously, someone in the company would rather sell 12 sonics for $4,000 a pop, than sell THOUSANDS for 1/10th of that price and make their money on VOLUME. :facepalm

So with the Magic Wand Co having now covered the marked for 10th Dr Sonics, do you think QMX will finally say that they have no plans to produce this prop. Ha not like we all didn't figure that a few years ago! Kinda silly of them to deny it*eh?

I think it's more that they bit off more than they could chew. The props that they have managed to offer that haven't been outsourced to artisan builders have been way more simplistic than the sonics, which can't just be thrown into moulds in China and mass produced. Given the quality issues of something as straightforward as resin Mal Reynolds pistols, can you imagine what would have happened with the sonics?

My point as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back