Is it easy to make a body suit

Friskythehutt

Hello, I'm new here and have been looking through every topic trying to find the info I need to get started on my Predator suit (Predator 1 suit) for DragonCon 09. I have been looking into making my body suit myself and have read the info on the Mr. Incredible suit and what latex to use. My question is to the people that have made them, is it easy to do? Our, I'm I better off trying to buy one? I do have prop building experience, so this costuming stuff is not new to me.

Well its never easy. I personally like to make things by hand given the materials.
Its tough for me to find the materials where I live to make the Mr I suit way so I had no choice but to get a suit from Ruffkintoy.
I have the paints so I can at least airbrush my own colors.

There will be trial and errors and you may waste a bit of material money but if u got the loot and time why not give it a try!
Good luck.

It to is hard for me to get supplies for building props and costumes. Who on the boards sells bodysuits? I looked through the "for sale fourm" and I did not see anything.

Thanks

Members like Ruffkintoy, Monsterroom sell suits and props. Also a few others but not many.
Beware that it make take these guys a long time to make them cuz they are filled with millions of orders

You can search their names on the Lair.

u can do what u did , i made a body suit and later on bought a pro seahunter suit , so for 3 yrs i used my made suit and added to it everyyear
and this year barley bought my new good skin, and to answer ur qwestion no its not hard as long as u have pateiens and dnt give up !
it took me 1 month to get my made suit right , painting and etc... it was fun tho and very creative , im sure since ur not new to making props
you will enjoy it and have no prob woth it

I would like to do the mister I suit actually, I just can't find the damn Liquid Latex! Argghhhh....
Its sad cuz I studied anatomy back in art school and can't apply that knowledge in this suit. Frustrated.

I can't get chemicals shipped into China without bribing the customs.
I need to get the stuff from within the borders. If I do find it, must be cheap!
haha I'm dreaming again.

I found makign a Mr. I suit-based pred suit relatively easy. It mainly involves a lot of time and patience. If you're going for accurate, some skill in painint and an air-brush too. You can use brushes, but an air-brush helps a lot. Even just the cheap nasty ones from model shops - they're great for skin tone layers.

Sorry to hear about ur lack of Liquid Latex Uratz, but I would have thought being China makes almost everything in the world, u would be able to find some...somewhere? :)

This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back