Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - with BLINK/FADE LED EYES

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - FACEPLATE HINGE INSTALLED!!!

SORRY EVERYONE FOR THE LATE ANSWER... BUT FINALLY HERE'S MY REPLY...

Any idea when you will be doing another run of these?

As soon as I finished the new mould I will offer a new run...:thumbsup

I'm planning to build (again) the mark 6 helmet. . and i hope it will be just like this ><

:):thumbsup

same here this is my inspiration build. true Filipino workmanship..

Thanks man... good luck with your build... cheers!

Not a single bump, or scratch, or any imperfection
You're using a 3d printer, aren't you
I know you are
lol. This is proboably the most movie accurate helmet on the RPF
Serious worksmanship
What is your job? You should be working for a studio

P.S. How do you guys go about painting?
Matt? Glossy finish?
Or Matt and Lacquer?

Thanks man... it's all labor of love, sweat and blood...:D... I haven't tried painting it yet.. :confused

Your helmet is clearly a jaw-dropping work! So much attention to the details, it's really impressive!

Thanks for the sharing and the inspiration!

If you do a hinges and motorization pack only in the JY, keep me informed! I'm really interested to motorize mine the same way you did!

Keep up the good work!

Thanks man...:):thumbsup

That thing looks absolutely amazing!! Good job

Thanks...:):thumbsup

have noticed and it is amazing that you are one of the few people to also notice this! I love when the little details are pointed out, it is all in the fine points that make a great piece. You should think about making a copy of this and adding battle damage!
:love

Thanks man... already made a few copies but haven't reach the painting stage yet...

:coolGreat Job Helmet look awsome:)

Thanks...

Aweeeeeeesome Work!

This one is pinned to the top most inspiring Builds!

Thanks for sharing mate.

Thanks mate...:):thumbsup

Amazing work...well done.I know people have asked already but i`m going to try anyway and ask about the hinge set up and as to wether you could post some pics of them.........pleeeaaaase :)

Thanks...

****** that is just sexy in all the right ways!! Amazing job dude can't wait till this is finished!

Thanks man... neither can I...:):thumbsup

since when is g.o.d.d.a.m a swear word? go home rpf you are drunk!!

:confused

are the resin and body filler really necessary or could you just use paper mache

For what finish I want to achieve... the answer is YES... for the paper mache, please feel free to do so...

I challenge you to show me a Paper Mache build that comes out as smooth or defined as a properly resined and filled one...

...So in short, yes.

Actaully, I have seen some paper mache figurines that was amazing well made and smooth...:):thumbsup

Darn good eye on that lower lip! This build is looking really great! Gives me hope. I'm just starting my project. One more page of the helmet to cut out then its build time!
Keep up the awesome work and thanks a lot for the all the pix, very helpful. Press on!
-Mitch

Thanks Mitch... glad I can help... :):thumbsup

well its possible to make an extremely hard smooth papermache for molding just need toilet paper put through a blender and then use 1 part woodglue one part water and you'll get a rock solid finish that smooths extremely well and cn be applied like a paste

:):thumbsup

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - FACEPLATE HINGE INSTALLED!!!

Are you going to sell these with the hedge faceplate system ? Sorry I'm new to the thread skipped right to the end of it.

Hey pRoJectEarth7 as did this detail please'm working on it can explain
your helmet is great
detailsm.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy)

WOW ...your helmet is so nice....lines are like from machine cuts... Do You use dremmel for cutting?

Sweet baby *****! I've been lurking on here for a good while but this thread has forced me to come out of the shadows. That's a great looking helmet. Any chance that purchasing an Iron Man 2 War Machine or even Iron Patriot helmet with your hinges would be possible in the future? *drools*

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy)

then we found a new method/technique to speed things up... and for this build, it only took me 2 days to put together the pep card...
hmmmmm...
good luck!

Is there any way to make you share this method ? :)

Your helmet makes me feel like crying because i know i cant be that good :(

This is a chapter in the bible of Stark Enterprises!! What an AWESOME Looking helmet, perfectly showcasing your skills....

PM Sent

I'm blown away at your attention to detail on this. I've just picked up one of Masked Riders IM helmets and I fear yours is even more accurate than his! Totally interested in buying one from you, PM me with pricing and options please and once again, outstanding work

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- NEW SEE-THRU LED EYES!!!

Hey dude.

are you selling these eyes yet or remaking them to sell?

PM me if you can

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) --- NEW SEE-THRU LED EYES!!!

Sorry for very late reply:(... I was so busy with a lot of things (not hobby related)...

Cant wait to buy one of these!

Just finished my IP helmet mould... will get back on making this again soon...:)

Are you going to sell these with the hedge faceplate system ? Sorry I'm new to the thread skipped right to the end of it.

Very soon my friend... ;)

Hey pRoJectEarth7 as did this detail please'm working on it can explain
your helmet is great
detailsm.jpg

I used a circular template and a scriber

WOW ...your helmet is so nice....lines are like from machine cuts... Do You use dremmel for cutting?

Thanks man... yes I used dremel for cutting :):thumbsup

Sweet baby *****! I've been lurking on here for a good while but this thread has forced me to come out of the shadows. That's a great looking helmet. Any chance that purchasing an Iron Man 2 War Machine or even Iron Patriot helmet with your hinges would be possible in the future? *drools*

Thanks for appreciating my build thread... my IP helmet are now up for grab... you may check it on the J...;):thumbsup

Is there any way to make you share this method ? :)

Your helmet makes me feel like crying because i know i cant be that good :(

I just used contact cement to join all parts and that speed up the process... You can do it too... just have patience, hard work and attention to details... keep building man...:thumbsup

This is a chapter in the bible of Stark Enterprises!! What an AWESOME Looking helmet, perfectly showcasing your skills....

PM Sent

I'm blown away at your attention to detail on this. I've just picked up one of Masked Riders IM helmets and I fear yours is even more accurate than his! Totally interested in buying one from you, PM me with pricing and options please and once again, outstanding work

Thanks man... my IP helmet is already finished and I am ready to cast ;):thumbsup

Hey dude.

are you selling these eyes yet or remaking them to sell?

PM me if you can

I am finished with my IP helmet build... will then proceed on making the LED eyes... will offer this very soon... ;)

Ya ya c'mon... Well?

Very soon my friend... :thumbsup

I must say, when it comes to Iron Man, this is my inspiration to finish my helmet. I even catch myself using this as reference pictures instead of actual screens of the helmet quite often. I appreciate the hard work and the documentation ;) You are definitely an inspiration!

Hi could you pm me how much one of these awesome works of art would be please.

So bad the pictures do not show up anymore :(

Really awesome helmet and thread full of usefull advices!

Man how did you make the edges so sharp ?
Good old-fashioned sanding by hand and by using Mr. Popsicle...:D:thumbsup

I must say, when it comes to Iron Man, this is my inspiration to finish my helmet. I even catch myself using this as reference pictures instead of actual screens of the helmet quite often. I appreciate the hard work and the documentation ;) You are definitely an inspiration!

Thanks man... glad this thread can still inspire someone... thanks for appreciating my hard work.:)

Hi could you pm me how much one of these awesome works of art would be please.

Not selling this as of the moment... I am currently revising this helmet to look more accurate than ever...;)

REALLY SORRY EVERYONE...:(

So bad the pictures do not show up anymore :(

Really awesome helmet and thread full of usefull advices!

Yeah.... I was shocked and sad too... photobucket has limited bandwidth now and so all the photos I have there wont show up anymore... I am now going to use imageshack and/or flickr for all the photos...:(

Hi Everyone,

WE HAVE NEW AND IMPROVED LED EYES NOW!!!

The LED eyes assembly has the following qualities:
1) Compact design (no messy wire running along the helmet)
2) Very light weight (approximately 10 grams)
3) Energy efficient (uses watch batteries, total 4.5V)
4) Provides just the right light intensity (not blinding)
5) 99% movie accurate
6) Allows the wearer to see thru the open space (slit) of the eye socket
7) Absolutely NO glare (no blinding light inside)
8) Ideal for motorized face plate
9) ON/Off switch provided
10) Easy to install
Added features...
11) Casing made from casted black resin
12) Magnetic (reed) switch for light activation
13) Strong rare-earth magnet to turn on the magnetic switch

NEW AND IMPROVED LED EYES
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

BASIC LED EYES (simple ON/OFF switch)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ADVANCE LED EYES (with Magnetic switch and Rare-Earth magnet)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Rare-Earth Magnet installed on the lower lip of helmet...
attachment.php

CHECK OUT THIS VID TO SEE HOW THE ADVANCE LED EYES WORK:

Thanks for watching and for your time.

cheers!

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - NEW LED EYES!!!

Excelent, really practic, congratulations, really works awesome.

Re: Ironman mkvi pep helm (aiming 99% movie accuracy) - NEW LED EYES!!!

It seems like lots of the pictures in the beginning stages aren't working. I would love to see them, since your build is looking awesome!

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back