Limited Run Iron Man/War Machine Repulsor Kits - Now on Sale!!! 10/5/2015

Re: DarkMatterProps Iron Man/War Machine Repulsor Kits - Update 2/9/2015

We have submitted all the info the manufacturing company needs and are still waiting for the final quote. I am going to have to start sending them daily emails, lol. I will post more updates as we make progress.

Oh yeah and we decided that we would try and add a couple more features in the programming so we are looking into that now. I am holding off on the demo until we decide on those.

Very keen on this kit for my gaunts for sure. I can't wait for this to be offered. :)

If your arc reactor is any indication, this is going to be a fantastic set when its ready.

I appreciate that although we went all out on this design and it is way more professional than my Arc Reactor. I can't wait to show you guys what it can do. I hate playing this waiting game... it drives me nuts. lol

any idea when orders can be made? (I'm really hoping i can finish my project this summer and have these features for the gauntlets.)

I am meeting with my programmer tonight. I am not sure why this is taking so long but I will see if I can get some answers.

I am SO waiting for these to become available. I for sure want a full set to go with the existing hand set I bought from you before :)

Ok, we have finally got the full final quote after resolving some issues with the files we sent them. Bla Bla Bla all technical mumbo jumbo... sufice to say that these issues should be a one time thing since this is the first time we are going through this process. Bottom line - we are going to have the boards made and assembled by a manufacturing company. This provides many benefits and, in itself, will only slightly increase the price so we are going for that and went ahead and ordered the boards.

They will be assembled by an incredibly precise machine in a professional facility, then each board will be tested for errors with equipment we don't have access to. This will pretty much eliminate the human error factor and any issues that may have come up from hand soldering the boards. Also, we will get all of the boards much faster than if we assembled them ourselves. We ordered about 50 sets for the first run.

After we work up the final costs of the boards and other components needed then we will post the price and a video demo. This should happen sometime this weekend if all goes well, knock on wood, ha ha.. as we have seen there are some things that can come up that are out of our control and unexpected. Anyway, Here is a picture of the final prototype. Look back for an update to the first post and a video demo after this weekend. You guys are gonna flip out! I can't wait... I have been biting my tongue for the longest time.

11124893_979276425415977_1853114350_n.jpg

Last edited:

is it only the technical stuff or is the hull included ?

This thread is for the electronics I also have a thread for the Iron Man gauntlets. I offer them separately so people can get what they want.

I am not taking orders just yet. I didn't want to run into the same situation that we did the last time. So much of a build like this is out of my hands as far as how long things take to get done. Last time I took preorders and we ended up being months late from the original estimate. Even this time around... we are months past when I expected them to be ready and I thought I came in with more realistic time frames in mind, lol. So this time I have been fortunate enough to be able to front all the costs on the R&D, parts, and supplies. That way I don't need to sell them before I make them. So to answer your question, I will be selling them after they are finished and ready to ship.

Update:

I need to edit the demo of the v2.4 prototype and I will be uploading it soon.

We have ordered all the parts we need and will just be playing the waiting game for the boards and other parts to come in. All in all I have just spent a little over $5,500 just on the 100 v2.4 repulsor boards, parts, and some extra custom LED discs that we will use to offer simple Repulsor and Boot Thruster lights.

Stay tuned for the full video demo! :D

As you all know, the prototypes have been done for a while and I have been wanting to show everyone how it all works but I decided to add a couple more things to the program so we have been busy making a few small tweaks here and there. We should be finishing that up this week so hopefully I can make a video over the weekend.

The circuit boards are already on order and we got a confirmation that they shipped us the first panel of boards. This is a sample which, once we receive it, then we will verify the function of the boards and either identify any issues and make changes or approve so they can begin production of the rest of the boards. We should be getting the first panels in next week! If there are no issues then we will have about 8-9 sets to offer by the end of next week. The rest of the boards should follow a few weeks later.

I'm so excited about all this... like a kid the night before Christmas, lol. :D

Ok, so we got the first panel of boards and I finished assebly on a few of them for testing. I was on a short vacation last week and my partner is on vacation right now. When he gets back we will be able to program the boards and test them to make sure everything is good to go. I will keep you all posted.

Hi Mike!

Do you think these will be ready/shipped by early September? I'm hoping to integrate them into my armor for Alamo city Comic Con.

P.S. Been excited for these since December 2013!

Wow, what a ride with this thing... it's been an up and down roller-coaster of news. Makes me feel like keeping my mouth shut until these are in my hands and ready to be shipped out but I won't do that. ;) So the latest news is this... The prototypes were tested with small 1 GB micro sd cards... for the final units we wanted to get name brand micro SD cards and the best deal was for 4GB cards. That is better anyway, right? More memory means you can put more stuff on the card... alternate sound files or whatever so you can change things around even if you are using someone else's computer... or not having to store that extra files on your phone if you use that. Anyway, the 4GB cards caused a communication issue with the microcontroller... come to find out that cards over 2GB require a completely different activation protocol or something like that... my programmer knows more about it than I do. So he has been hard at work figuring that out and more recently rewriting the code for the microcontroller. We decided to put the rest of the boards on hold at the manufacturer until we get this resolved and are able to completely test the first panel of boards. I cant afford to make a $5,000 mistake with these so we need to make sure that there is not an issue with the circuit board design or the components that were used. Hopefully we will have this done soon and once that happens, cross your fingers, we should be able to offer up the first panel of boards (about 12 units/6 sets) and restart production on the remaining boards.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back