Iron Man pepakura helmets: Mark 42 43 Iron Patriot WM - PDF Links first post 3D print

Re: Iron Patriot - Iron man Mark VIII Helmets pepakura files - Links first post

thx gimpee for iron man helmet files ^^
custom color like mk vii ^^ "old but gold"
483331_479779548756626_1682197837_n.jpg

Sorry I forgot to pay homage to the file creator I used for my helmet build. Thanks man!

598813_581142231896774_730249878_n.jpg

Thank you guys:

jackieisrockin's = forearm, thigh, shin, boots, cod, neck
helagak = bisep, chest, back, abs, shoulder
gimpee = helmet

:thumbsupTHANK YOU THERPF.com
:thumbsup

IMG_5763_zps54b30306.jpg

IMG_5765_zps2c0821b0.jpg

IMG_5766_zps8a8b4858.jpg

IMG_5767_zps272aedd5.jpg

IMG_5768_zps832db31d.jpg

IMG_5771_zps324a1ec1.jpg

IMG_5777_zpse2cac327.jpg

IMG_5779_zpsddd7f0db.jpg

IMG_5780_zpsb41dfa0e.jpg

IMG_5783_zpsae52361e.jpg

IMG_5785_zps0d6a2d94.jpg

IMG_5786_zpsa504d843.jpg

Nice work Gimpee. This will be my next project after I finish my MK VII.

Thanks a lot, Gimpee. Any chance you're gonna take a stab at the other Iron Man 3 armor helmets that have been revealed? Namely "Igor" Mark 38?

Now I see my ears are wrong. I gave up with paper because it took me 1 whole summer to make 1 helmet out of paper(to make this one it took me 2 days),and it need more work after its made. So I tried with foam and it worked but much harder for details and stuff. I guess I'll be going back to paper? What do you say? Ty. :)
r7m7if.jpg

Last edited:

Thanks guys by the comments, i have added new links to PDF versions, to my friends with Mac's.

Cheers.

Thanks guys by the comments, i have added new links to PDF versions, to my friends with Mac's.

Cheers.

Much appreciated Gimpee. Great work!

Re: Iron Patriot - Iron Man Mark XLII Helmets pepakura - Links first post - Added PD

My first helmet that works out decent . Still need to do the ear pots back and the hinges . Has anyone made hinges already ? It doesnt look like its gonna be the same way the mk 6 hinges work . Can anyone point me to mk 42 hinges please ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 443
Re: Iron Patriot - Iron Man Mark XLII Helmets pepakura - Links first post - Added PD

I went to see Iron Man 3 last night and the MK 42 helmet you've made looks amazingly accurate Gimpee. Definitely starting it this week with any luck :)

- - - Updated - - -

My first helmet that works out decent . Still need to do the ear pots back and the hinges . Has anyone made hinges already ? It doesnt look like its gonna be the same way the mk 6 hinges work . Can anyone point me to mk 42 hinges please ?

I don't know if this can help you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia5vyAILEyk

I went to see Iron Man 3 last night and the MK 42 helmet you've made looks amazingly accurate Gimpee. Definitely starting it this week with any luck :)

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know if this can help you?

Iron Man Mark 8 / 42 / 47 / VIII 3D Faceplate Hinge Layout test - YouTube

I had a look at those already , but i doubt these hinges work in real life , as the bottom edges of the mask will collide with the chin . as i look at it , it seems that the mask would have to tilt forward on top and only then open , if you know what i mean .

Hi there guys, anyone has the pep but bigger scale of the mark 42 helm? i printed out the default one and it's like super small..

Hi there guys, anyone has the pep but bigger scale of the mark 42 helm? i printed out the default one and it's like super small..

You can scale it yourself in the 2d menu.

Thanks for the Files mate! Here the Helmet I made using your file!
Iron pat.jpg

Huge thanks for the files Gimpee, just wondered if the Mk8 PDF is scaled like the other pep helmets out there? I cant get easy access to Pepakura Viewer as I'm on a Mac to scale unfortunately, so its a huge help that you've uploaded the PDF :D

i.e. is the PDF for a head of 23"/6ft tall man? My head diameter is 22.6" so I generally find the Mk7 is spot on at default scale (for example Darkside501st's).

Just wanted to triple check before I start and find it's too big or whatever... file looks so clean and right on the movie!

Markus 1981, good job :thumbsup, your helmet looks great. Sorry about the hinges but i am still working in a solution.

rAgoonFX, thanks mate.

lolzprox, sorry but the default scale is about the same size of the movie helmet and yes is something small.

ShadoWorx, thanks by coming and the answer.

1ManBattalion, gorgeous, you made an amazing job with the helmet.

chazodude, my head is about 23" and i find the helmet fit exactly my melon with some minimal modifications, perhaps do you found is something small to you, so i will add other sizes in the future days.

Greetings.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back