Iron Man MK XLV 3D Print

The surface of the models is much smoother. There's some added detail in most parts and some parts are modeled differently. The shells are also separated in a different way. Imo way better than before.

Applied putty to the seams and filler primer. Need to apply spot putty now and give it another layer of primer. As you can see in the second picture, it is not smooth.
Hopefully sanding and priming again will solve this.
View attachment 633637View attachment 633638

This is one side of the lower abs. The other side will be glued later today and the middle section is being printed.

View attachment 633636

Looking good! I would just use some glazing putty on the areas that the primer couldn't fill up, sand it smooth and do another coat of primer. a little a wet sanding after all is done and then things should look really smooth.

Looking good! I would just use some glazing putty on the areas that the primer couldn't fill up, sand it smooth and do another coat of primer. a little a wet sanding after all is done and then things should look really smooth.

Thanks ;). I used Tamiya putty to fill up the seams where the parts connected. (I had it lying around) Next time I might mix it with a bit of acetone to make it easier to apply in small areas. This part can't be used anymore though. It doesn't fit me. Don't know if someone will have use for it.

What a bummer, I feel your pain. Did my chest, back and working then shoulders and biceps all over. Just keep pressing on and can't wait to see yours done as well. :)

Am I glad I had to start over. The print quality with the new files and my microswiss upgrade has improved massively!

The fitment of the sliced parts is way better than before as well.

13435514_1191313560902111_8781562845592747399_n.jpg13450952_1191313520902115_7741103657348130111_n.jpg13450110_1191313530902114_9056490226416820242_n.jpg

Front is done. Just the vents on top of the helmet to do and the rear piece.

13453842_10154243613762290_1349081791_n.jpg

Just look at the quality difference and the fitment with the older one. (Yes, the new helmet is larger)
13457632_10154243618522290_1891720534_n.jpg

Awesome! I just fitted a pair of Microswiss nozzles to my flashforge, but haven't had a chance to print anything with them yet.........

Good choice. Don't forget to decrease or erase the retraction at the end of the gcode. Cura lets the printer retract 5mm after the print has ended, but this causes clogging with the microswiss. Happened to me a few times. I removed the retraction and had no issues ever since.

Did a bit of work on the helmet:

I started off with sanding it down a bit and then spray filler primer on top. After it tried I sanded it with 240 grid paper and started filling the gaps.

I used Tamiya Putty and aceton to thin it down. First I applied a bit of putty on the seams and then dipped my finger in aceton to spread it. It dries pretty quickly (within seconds) so I repeated the process of dipping my fingers regularly :).

Photo 17-06-16 14 40 22.jpgPhoto 17-06-16 14 40 37.jpg

Don't know why the photos are being flipped but ok.

It's not perfect yet. The putty sinks in the seams so I am going to add another layer of filler primer and putty where necessary.

In the meantime, the hip is being printed to make sure that fits before I continue with the other parts.

Same here so far. I'd better not jinx it though.

Just sprayed a new layer of filler primer. I might have to try the trick Bogleo posted on p10. The print lines are still visible in most places.

We'll see how that goes.

Same here so far. I'd better not jinx it though.

Just sprayed a new layer of filler primer. I might have to try the trick Bogleo posted on p10. The print lines are still visible in most places.

We'll see how that goes.
Leylander has the codpeice been altered changed on the updated 45 files? I emailed them over a week ago for the updated files.. they said they would send them over as of yet im still waiting

sent from samsung

Last edited by a moderator:
@Leylander has the codpeice been altered changed on the updated 45 files? I emailed them over a week ago for the updated files.. they said they would send them over as of yet im still waiting

sent from samsung

The codpiece is essentially the same, but theyt split it up in multiple parts.

You have the front piece which connects to the abs, the front "inner pants", the rear "inner pants" and the rear part which connects to the back.

I will not print the inner parts as the legs are supposed to cover those areas.

I have also emailed them about a few things I wanted changed on the helmet, but did not hear back from them either.

(A small inlay of the chin is missing and the 'rosters' on top of the helmet are not positioned well)

The codpiece is essentially the same, but theyt split it up in multiple parts.

You have the front piece which connects to the abs, the front "inner pants", the rear "inner pants" and the rear part which connects to the back.

I will not print the inner parts as the legs are supposed to cover those areas.

I have also emailed them about a few things I wanted changed on the helmet, but did not hear back from them either.

(A small inlay of the chin is missing and the 'rosters' on top of the helmet are not positioned well)
Its frustrating really when parts are not right .. the only problem i had was shape of the back codpeice the curve of the spine is too deep goes in to far so scale- ing that is problem Leylander

sent from samsung

creative stress yeah it's all a bit unnatural sometimes. The hip I printed is very tight, so I hope it will fit with some minor modifications. If I scale it up the chest will be too big and that will limit my movement.

Much better:

Photo 21-06-16 17 57 29.jpgPhoto 21-06-16 17 57 36.jpg

It's not perfect. It still has some imperfections but I am going to move on. They are not recognizable from a distance so I'm going to stick with it for now.

Here's hoping the hip, lower back and abs are going to fit good enough.

Much better:

View attachment 636884View attachment 636885

It's not perfect. It still has some imperfections but I am going to move on. They are not recognizable from a distance so I'm going to stick with it for now.

Here's hoping the hip, lower back and abs are going to fit good enough.
Its looking good!! dont forget you still have to add your paint coat soo most tiny defects will almost disapear nice to see finally make some progress [emoji106]

sent from samsung

Thanks @creative stress. I do hope so :)

Speaking of colors, I want to buy RAL coded spraycans, but not sure which one to go for.
I can find color codes for the MKVI but nothing for later models.

I've been looking and maybe these codes are close to the screen model:

Red: RAL3001 (Signal Red)
Silver: RAL7001 (Silver Grey)
Gold: RAL Gold metallic (The RAL code is defined this way, not sure if it has a number assigned)

Should I buy matt, satin gloss or high gloss?

I don't know if many people follow this thread, but I really hope to get some feedback.

Thanks @creative stress. I do hope so :)

Speaking of colors, I want to buy RAL coded spraycans, but not sure which one to go for.
I can find color codes for the MKVI but nothing for later models.

I've been looking and maybe these codes are close to the screen model:

Red: RAL3001 (Signal Red)
Silver: RAL7001 (Silver Grey)
Gold: RAL Gold metallic (The RAL code is defined this way, not sure if it has a number assigned)

Should I buy matt, satin gloss or high gloss?

I don't know if many people follow this thread, but I really hope to get some feedback.
Not sure about thise i used candy apple red applied with spray gun for gold i used nissan sunburst spray can i had mixed at auto shop

sent from samsung

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back