iron-man MK Vl build (upper body scaling video page 2)

spartan1803

Hey guys whats up? I joined this forum about a week ago and i have to say I'm very glad i did. i have found all the files i need thanks to robo. so far i have completed the chest and just printed out the back let me know what you guys think so far. unfourtunetly i am 6'6 so i have to scale the peices pretty big, my worry mas matching the chest and back after re-scale but i took the difference i had to make for the chest and did the same amount for the back so it should be right. i would like to thank CJ for the help on that. anyways here are the pictures so far. here is a link to all the ironman files done by robo http://www.therpf.com/f24/robo3687s-iron-man-pep-files-sd-war-machine-links-page-73-a-88147/

Last edited:
Re: iron-man MK Vl build

6'6.......This build is taking out the rainforest!:lol
Good work! I'm redoing my chest now:unsure

I think the default scale for robo's files were all the same, so scaling the same amount for each file should be ok. Some people might have changed them during unfold so be careful.

If you have any doubts, and a paid version of pepakura you could always check. The paid version of pepakura lets you export to .obj, which you can import into 3DS max or blender and check the scales and compare proportions.

Thats what I've been doing with a mixture of robo's and dancingfool's files.

ok, sweet. thanks for the heads up. anyone have experiance with supports with the chest while resining?

alright, sad to say but not much to show for the night but here it is. length looks good, down to the small of my back.

alright guys im back with a little more work done then last time. here are a few pics

wip6.jpg

wip8-1.jpg

wip7-1.jpg

i just printed the forearm but the cuff was way to big in circumfrence and tips on sizing?

toobig.jpg

this is what i got at 13 inches or for pepakura... 355mm. help please

Last edited:

I believe the cuff is suppose to be that way?? (Mine leaves lots of space like your last photo) I would finish building it. The part that goes around your wrist can be slid farther into the forarm to correct the length.

Best of luck, and keep up the good work!

Derick

i was thinking the same i just did the cuff and its pretty large as well but the scaling matches the bicep so im just gonna run a cylinder shaped foam piece around my arm underneath the cuff and that should work.

well i believe you guys were right. thank you for the help here is pic with out the elbow (dont have masking tape)

wip9.jpg

thinking about either the shoulder or hand next then back to the... back peice

to save some time you may want to reduce your .DEG faces.. so you have lesser flat faces.. just noticed on your forearm has a lot faces.. but that might just be me good luck.

Nice work! Everything looks good

I'm currently working on Zabana's hand file and its a beast! So I would recommend doing the shoulders first.

to save some time you may want to reduce your .DEG faces.. so you have lesser flat faces.. just noticed on your forearm has a lot faces.. but that might just be me good luck.

i was messing around in setting one day and saw that, how low do you set yours?

Nice work! Everything looks good

I'm currently working on Zabana's hand file and its a beast! So I would recommend doing the shoulders first.

i might just take the challenge of the hand. im not exactly sure how to scale the shoulder yet

zabana's hand is torture even though i did most of it.. i just ended up ordering his gauntlets =D.. but yeah i go around 165 or less.. too high then ur probably gonna have a hard time sanding all the edges that's not needed after you put bondo on there.. i say test it out since it will vary based on each piece some you may want more folds and others you don't.

so i printed out the knuckles and uhhh. im not really sure about the hand lol but i did complete the elbow.
wip10.jpg

contemplating the shoulder right now and how i should scale it. i have reff pics but i dont know if i should go by width or length. gonna take a stab at it.

Dude, just jump in head first on the hand. It's really not that bad. I did both palms/knuckles minus fiingers in a couple of hours

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back