iron-man MK Vl build (upper body scaling video page 2)

its been a little bit but i sat down tonight while watching

this

ironmansuitcase.gif

and this

scottpilgrim.gif

and put this together lol

wip21.jpg

wip20.jpg

looks like it will fit just right. thank you Dericrw for the help and jowe thank you very much for you genorosity!

on a different note. a kid i teach where i work made this out of cardboard, hot glue, playdough and spray paint. the barbed wired is an old halloween decoration.

robot.jpg

pretty freakin awesome. she is very artistic. more updates soon. thanks for watching

alright got the cod peice done. next im going to do 1 hip pod so i can get a decent scaling on the thigh. here it is

wip22.jpg

so a little recap. i have the chest and back along with the right arm peped and resined. and just got the cod done. getting excited :D

update got my brushes today that jowe sent me :D

brushes.jpg

sorry i would have posted this after work but my friend invited me to come over to his and play gears 3. freakin awesome game!!. i'll be glassing the chest and back this weekend if i have enough resin. see you all soon

Last edited:
Your cod looks very nice! very clean!
be careful to not let it warp when you resin it.... mine did slightly :(

Anyways, lookin forward to your progress!

alright whats up guys. got some progress to show you. didnt get as far as i wanted but i dont want to rush so without further a due.

wip25.jpg

wip24.jpg

wip23.jpg

the whole inside is glassed. i used stealths method and used spray adhesive. (thanks stealth) after work im going to trim the cloth on the edges and use my brothers heat gun to shape it a bit better cuz its a lil off set. i really wanted to in the bondo stage by now but i had a heck of a weekend at my dads. long story short we were haveing problems with railroad ties. more progress soon so keep watching

lookin good man! hope those brushes are enough to finish the whole suit, if not let me know lol.

they should be. im at a stand still till payday. gotta get some primer so i can bondo. i hate fiberglass (gets everywhere) so im gonna get smooth cast and try my hand at that.

it looks awesome! what kind of glue you're using for glue the paper?

i use superglue. gray and green or gray and blue bottle. i have seen some people use hot glue but more use super glue

On the smoothcast, make sure you resin the pieces really well so there is no pin-holes. Any small hole or crack and you will waste that not so cheap stuff. Either way you still will have spills and stuff so make sure you do it over something that can get ruined! Trust me, I have killed a good chunk of yard in plastic.

Oh and GO COWBOYS! lol

On the smoothcast, make sure you resin the pieces really well so there is no pin-holes. Any small hole or crack and you will waste that not so cheap stuff. Either way you still will have spills and stuff so make sure you do it over something that can get ruined! Trust me, I have killed a good chunk of yard in plastic.

Oh and GO COWBOYS! lol

lol at least we both support oklahoma lol.

well sorry for the delay guys. waiting for an item to sell on ebay before i do anything else on this armor. i might go get some primer tomorrow and prep the back for bondo and then bondo it. the cold weather just hit oklahoma without warning so thats gonna put a damper on things. dont give up on me yet guys!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back