iron-man MK Vl build (upper body scaling video page 2)

Re: iron-man MK Vl build

alright guys whats up? well i'm still progressing. slowly but surely. i really lose focus when working on big peices. but behold!

wip11.jpg

wip14.jpg

wip15.jpg

wip13.jpg

pepstache.jpg

i was worried about the shoulder being too big, still am a lil. let me know what you guys think. anyways im going to pep the collar plates and neck shroud. then i gotta print out all the struts and im going to resin all i have so far.

thank you. i have a quick question if any one can answer it. the brace... is it just there for mounting and attching other parts of the suit to, like an optional peice? oh double jepordy! is there a thread anywhere that shows how people are attatching the peices together when the wear the suit

The braces are to keep the pieces from warping when you harden them. You can look up Herotutorials videos on Youtube to see blackdynamos suit and Graphic Jordans build on the 405th.

The braces are to keep the pieces from warping when you harden them. You can look up Herotutorials videos on Youtube to see blackdynamos suit and Graphic Jordans build on the 405th.

lol i know what those praces are for im talking about this
brace.png

guess i should have said chest brace

gr8 work....can u also help me to make an iron man suit like the one in iron man 2?
regards

i sure can but right now my talents are limited. im in the pepakura stage of my armor but i will do my best to answer any questions you have.

being the day it is today i would like to honor anyone who serves in our military, police forces, firefighters and medical services. we couldnt be the country we are without you or any who has lost someone to the 9/11 attacks. all lost will never be forgotten.

On my mobile right now but there is a thread somewhere that has all the files you need. Search robo. I believe it was his thread I can't remember. Let me know if you find it. If not i'll see what I can do

Last edited:
Re: iron-man MK Vl build (link for all ironman files in first post)

hey thanks for replying...i got the files from the first post....i wanted to know on what size of paper do u get it printed and on what to trace it...i want to make a complete iron man suit mark vi with leds and the helmet face that can go up and down........i wanted to know this also how do u know what size this peice needs to be so that it can fit a person correctly......

regards

im sorry but this is the best i can help you right now. you just have to research like i did. im sorry i cant take you through it step by step but here is a link that should help you. watch their tutorials TheHeroTutorials's Channel - YouTube

well guys i really hate to say it but the costume is on hold :( but not completely. making the neck and abs from foam is going to have to wait and same with the hardening of the pep. im working part time right now and trying hold up the bills along with my new truck. so coming by resin or smooth cast is going to be hard. im going to brace what i have and continue peping the peices. i just pray the peices dont get crushed. im going to do the collar plate next and move on to the left arm. im also saving to buy the hands and helmet... sorry for the delay

Sorry to hear that your going to have to stall parts of your build, but what you have done looks really good! Be careful when it comes to not hardening your pieces. Last year I did Master Chief and built the whole thing out of pep before doing any hardening, and gravity did quite a bit to some pieces. Just be careful in how you store them and not let gravity flatten them out....

So do you plan on using fiber resin to start the hardening and then use smooth cast to actually make it hard? or are you going the fiber glass route??

smooth cast. at a later date i might come to you for help on it if you dont mind. smooth cast 321 was what i was gonna use

well while im at a stand still. ive been thinking i want to put as much into this tread as i can. links, videos and pictures so i made this video on how i scaled the upper body of my suit so far hope you guys like it. i had to format my hd a while back and i had vegas 10 but now i cant find the disc! so i had to use windows movie maker. sorry for my lack of attention toward the end. a gears comercial came on the tv to my left lol.

ironman sizing upper body - YouTube

enjoy!

Edit: got a little break through. my girl friends mom loves that im doing this and she found out it was on hold so she bought me some resin lol. so here is what i got done. i left the part on the chest and back unresined so i can tape the two together and tweek it if i need to.

wip15-1.jpg

wip14-1.jpg

wip16.jpg

wip17.jpg

wip18.jpg

wip19.jpg

Last edited:
Everything looks nice and clean! Definately a good idea to connect the chest and back before resining/hardening, have to give you props! :thumbsup

Just a suggestion on how to save money on brushes, by some acetone (paint thiner) and clean your brushes after each application. Might check the math to see if it actually would save you money but I only used like 8-10 brushes for my entire build. So it saved me money on brushes not sure if it paid for the cost of acetone thou :confused

I'll definitely have to look into that. I hate being delayed. Could have had the inside glasses and started bondoing by now. Thanks for the tip!

This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back