Iron Man Mark VI WIP - polyethylene and rivets - solo build by a 13 year old

We all know what happened on September 11, 2001.

A tragic and evil attack against the United States took place that day.

And to remember that sad day, on it's 10th anniversary, there will be a special commemoration update to the thread tomorrow.

It will be in honor of the brave men and women who died on that day, and the rebuild of the World Trade Center.

It shows that when we fall, we learn how to pick ourselves up.

I was 3 years old when the 9/11 attack happened.

My mom told me that I had said the word "accident" the night before that day.

But we all know that what happened on 9/11 was not an accident, it was a planned attack that left many innocent people dead.

In memoriam of those people that suffered and in honor of the heroes that served on that day, here is this special post that goes out to them.

We should always mourn that day, and we should also be partly thankful for it too, since it has taught us how to be more prepared for an attack by urging us to improve our technology, tighten security, and be more alert.

To commemorate that day, here is the biggest update ever to grace this thread.

I have worked on the torso quite a bit.

Chest - V.3
Waist - V.3
Collar Plates - V.1
Spine - V.2
Back/Flaps - V.2
Abs - V.2

I know it looks a little rough, but give me a couple of weeks, and i'll be sure to clean it up.

It will look much better when it's finalized in polyethylene and riveted together.

Tell me what you think.

Last edited:
So about the Wood Glue and Nylon: All you did was cover the outside with plain wood glue, then laid down nylon on the inside like you would fiberglass with wood glue on top of it?

Great, great idea. I am going to give that a shot next month. The respirator always seemed like a huge pain in the arse to me.

Glad I could help! :)
Please credit me though.

You will need quite a bit of nylon. About 5-6 square feet of it.
You will also need 2 bottles of wood glue. I recommend Gorilla Wood Glue since it's stiffer than all the other wood glues.

Last edited:
Does anybody know where I can get flexible tubing like the one used in the movie?

I can't seem to find it at any local Home Depot or Lowes or anywhere for that matter.

I need it to be a diameter of 2.5 inches.

Last edited:
I know that I haven't made any updates to the suit for a pretty long while.

However, I have not given up. I will not stop until this is finished.

School has just gotten in the way, that's all. ;)

Since summer has ended and school has started, education has been bumped back up to the top priority. After all, education comes before personal projects.

It makes me kinda sad having to leave the suit for while, since I've been dedicated to this project for such a long time.:(

I most likely will not get this finished by Halloween. The new projected finish date is in early 2012, maybe sometime in January-May.

I will definitely be working on the suit during the holidays/breaks.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back